Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Peaceful Estates

Peaceful Estates

Peaceful Estates

PEACEFUL ESTATES

Red cherry, Green square

Are you looking for a friendly, helpful, polite, relaxed but competitive, chatty but not intrusive, neighborhood? We are a mostly mature neighborhood with both daily and thrice a week types of players. Currently, we have players from Canada, USA, UK, Germany, Australia and beyond! We welcome new players world-wide, as long as you can communicate well in English. We value each other's contributions to the team and will not tolerate our members being taken advantage of. While we love playing and winning at the Derby, we understand that not every team member can take on 320 pt. tasks or use up their valuable diamonds. We prefer members to do what they can, when they can, with the rest of the team helping as they can. Higher level players and lower level players work together for the good of all. If you cannot complete all of your derby tasks, or if you need a break from derby, please opt out. We value fair game play for all.

If a more relaxed approach to the Derby appeals to you; if you are both introverted and extroverted; if you value helping others in a reciprocal manner; if you are wanting to find a neighborhood that treats you like a friend; we would love to have you join us!

ETA: PLEASE READ through our entire (currently 4/6 pages of) recruitment ad posts as more detailed information is included that describes our derby strategy, playing style, and expectations. SAVE yourself and us the time and effort of explaining everything in chat that is more conveniently, clearly outlined here. I am just in the process of reviewing and re-organizing our thread. Stay tuned for changes.☺ Please send me a Private Message with any questions you have. Thank you!

Derby

• Delayed Derby Start; please wait for an announcement in chat as to when our derby team can begin our race. We wait to start derby until our board is prepped and ready. Prepping the board usually takes between 4-6 hrs. One of our co-leaders will announce when our race begins.
    • We trash all tasks below 300 points; all wool, all goats milk, all seafood pizza.
    • Expectations: 9@300+ pts; 2700 minimum derby total.
    • No diamonds required.
    • The 10th task is optional, however, if a player times out or trashes a task, it is fair game play to complete a 10th, "make-up task" in order to achieve the 2700 point minimum derby points.
    • Champions League is demanding. Please do not opt into derby until you are Level 40. Please opt out and take breaks from derby as needed to avoid burn-out.

More derby information is included in subsequent posts.

Index
    Information for New Recruits................1-5
    Lessons in Leadership...........................5-6

All posts are intended for recruitment information and further clarification on topics of interest in our neighborhood so that those looking for their next global community will have the information they need to make a good decision.

***Please do not copy and paste any of my recruitment ad posts to use as your own. Plagiarism is not acceptable. I put a lot of time and effort into my posts. Please do your own work.***

Last edited by SweetCherryPie; May 27th, 2018 at 07:55 PM.

Hi, do you have any places left in your nh? It sounds like just what I'm looking for- pleasant, relaxed and cooperative. I'm level 30 and play most days but not every day. What's the name of your nh?
    Thanks

Hey, I found your nh and requested to join but got rejected. My farm name is FarmaLama.
    Let me know if you change your mind- I'm polite, generous and a team player. Been struggling to find a nh with like minded people and yours sounds great.
    Thanks

I'm so sorry that happened!
    I have informed the nh of your request and I hope that you will try again.
    Thank you for persevering and letting me know! I look forward to welcoming you into our neighborhood. ☺

Fresh Spawn
    This sounds like the perfect fit for me. Sending my request to join. Please look for Shady Acres, level 36. ��

Derby: Expectations & Opting Out *New Opt-Out Function

In our nh description, mention is made about not tolerating members being taken advantage of. This applies to shop raiding; expecting expansion items 'too much, too soon'; not saying 'please' & thank you'; and not opting out of derby when inactive or not completing your derby tasks. Fair game play for all is our valued goal.

We expect 2700 points+ in derby, but will lower our standard for lower level players who are new to the game. It is better to complete all 9 tasks with lower points, than to attempt but not complete higher point tasks. We encourage player input into which tasks to keep/trash, otherwise we trash all tasks below 300. If you are struggling to participate and contribute fairly in derby, we encourage you to stay in our neighborhood-family, but opt-out of the derby for a week, restock, de-stress, then come back refreshed and ready for the race!

Housekeeping: Opting Out of Derby
    We encourage derby breaks, especially if you are struggling to complete your derby tasks. However, not everyone knows how to go about opting out of derby. To opt out, on your farm page, click on your settings (gear) button; click on Advanced Settings tab; See Derby Settings section, Un-Check box to Opt Out or Check box to Opt In. You can opt out or in during any derby, but your changes will only apply to the subsequent derby/derbies.

March 2017
    *New* Opt-Out Button for Leader / Co leader
    This will only be sparingly used. You are still expected to opt out of derby when you want/need to. You can request to be opted out if necessary.

Scenario 1: We had a new player join in for 1 week. She was moving over the following weekend, is a busy mom and works as a nurse. She did not opt out of derby the following week, and was inactive, unresponsive to chat and private message. She was removed near the end of the derby b/c she had not done any tasks. It is difficult to know if the opt out button would have been used b/c our policy is that if you are a newer player, opted in, and go MIA, we remove you. With this particular player, we still hope that if she resumes active play, that she will return to our nh. (June 12th Update: This player has returned to active game play and has been warmly welcomed back into our nh. It's so nice to have a 'happily ever after' to share. )

Communication is really the key issue. If players need to opt out, they are responsible to do so. If a player is unable to complete derby to our standards, opting them out as a "time-out" is not going to happen here. We are not going to use the opt-out button as a form of micro-management for mis-management.

Scenario 2: A low level player joins the nh. We require waiting until level 40 before joining in our CL derby. If the player opts in before reaching level 40, the opt-out button will be utilized.

Scenario 3: A long term player who always completes derby, suddenly goes MIA. The team scrambles to complete the missing derby tasks, if possible and if needed. The long term player will be opted out of subsequent derbies until he/she returns.

If you have read this and aren't scared off - wonderful! We invite you to join with our neigh-mily and discover a caring, protective, safe place where your contributions to the team are appreciated.
    Last edited by SweetCherryPie; June 14th, 2017 at 06:28 AM.

I would like to join

Quote Originally Posted by SweetCherryPie View Post
    We would love to welcome you into our neighborhood!
    Hi! I would like to join your neighborhood

Your NH sounds like my kind of hood. I looked up PEACEFUL ESTATES but it is come up as invite only. Are you still accepting new members ?

I am so sorry!! I will change that asap, and I hope that you will try again!

ETA: Done! Our setting is currently "Request to join". We look forward to welcoming you into our neighborhood!
    Last edited by SweetCherryPie; May 30th, 2016 at 04:20 PM.

We have had to reject a couple of requests to join this week, due to the requests being made in languages other than English. If you are wanting to join, please request in English. We have had issues in the past with players who do not communicate well in English, leading to confusion and the unavoidable leaving of our group. We want everyone to be a contributing team player who can communicate well with our nh. If this suits you, you are welcome to join our peaceful corner of the farm!

If you enjoy derby but like to opt out to re-charge, or re-stock, we encourage our players to do just that! We also help each other to complete derby tasks. If you like the derby and want a fun, competitive, helpful group to belong to, you will appreciate trying out our friendly, peaceful nh.

We are a world-wide family of genuinely nice people. �� (I'd like to put a little TM symbol with that...lol)
    Last edited by SweetCherryPie; August 19th, 2016 at 05:34 PM.