Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Peaceful Estates

Banned
    Can you lower the lever so I can join? My level is 34.

Quote Originally Posted by maianhfarm View Post
    Can you lower the lever so I can join? My level is 34.
    I have sent you a PM. Thank you for expressing interest in joining our neighborhood. ☺

Cool Are you a silent player who prefers to play in Stealth Mode?

Maybe you speak English as a second language and feel a bit insecure chatting with us; maybe you just like your privacy; maybe you struggle with anxiety...

We are a warm, helpful, chatty group. ☺
    - We all make spelling mistakes in chat, so no worries if your english is a bit rough. As long as we can understand each other, and you are polite (using please and thank you), you are welcome to join us.
    - being private with most personal details is completely acceptable. Trust is best built slowly between 2 parties. We like to know what country you live in so that we can make sure we have a co-leader representing your time zone. We also like to know your gender so that we can use the correct pronouns when referring to you. Other details are completely up to you to share or keep.
    - anxiety...we have at least a few members who struggle with this. You are not alone. Hopefully you will find our warmth, kindness, helpfulness, and politeness easy enough to warm up to, and then blossom. ☺

So if this helps you feel better about getting to know us and connect with us in chat -- wonderful!
    If you still prefer to play in stealth mode, please find a more suitable neighborhood. Best wishes in your neighborhood search!

A peaceful place

Heard this week, "Everyone is so nice and helpful. I love it here" and "Thank you for letting me in" and "I am so glad to be here"... Those who don't fit in with our neighborhood character/values, don't stay for long. We really want to be a warm, kind, helpful, polite, interactive, global community, so we give a bit of time to see if new members share the same values. Sometimes it can take several weeks to figure out if someone is a good fit - some are naturals, some take time, but it all shakes out eventually. ☺ So we encourage joining with us for a time to see if we are a good match together.

We look forward to welcoming new neighbors to our peaceful corner of HD!
    Last edited by SweetCherryPie; January 24th, 2017 at 02:59 AM.

Fresh Spawn
    I would love to join your neighbourhood. I am currently level 35 and my farm name is C Country farm. I have failed to find active neighbourhoods in the past. I searched your neighbourhood, however the level to request to join is too high for me. I would love to become a member.

Lightbulb Thoughts about: Drama, Quirks, Vision Breakers, & the Report Button

Thanks so much for your interest in our nh; I will pm you. ☺

Drama, Quirks, Vision Breakers, & the Report Button

After you join a nh, it doesn't take long before you come across conflict. If you have a leader who doesn't lead, or a power struggle between members, or a really vocal person who wants to do things differently from the established norm, or people who voice differing opinions on a variety of topics... drama can pop up in your nh chat feed. Does your nh have clearly established protocol for handling conflict? Whether you know it or not, there is something you can do. More on that in a bit.

Everybody has quirks, pet peeves, ways of playing or strategies that are possibly annoying to others. If you meet those kindreds who play the same as you, hang onto each other! If you find yourself frustrated and stressed out by those players who play differently, then you have a few options.
    1. Consider talking to your nh leader. If several people are honest about the difficulties they are having with another member, it is possible that the leader either isn't aware or has determined that the difficulties are not kickable offenses. You can at least vent out your frustration and give your leader a heads up about potential drama or conflict.
    2. Self-examine for why those difficulties bother you. Sometimes we see a weakness in another person that we also struggle with and we can't extend the grace needed towards them b/c we so strongly dislike it in ourselves. It becomes this mis-placed anger that comes out in negative ways.
    3. Remove yourself from the situation. This could be ignoring the difficult player or changing neighborhoods.
    4. Engage in Positive Strategies for Change. Influence positive change for the difficult player by role-modeling acceptable behaviour. "Be the change you wish to see"... that sort of thing. If the player doesn't pick up on the appropriate behaviour cues in a relatively short time, they should be removed from the nh.

Deciding on what is a vision breaker and what is a quirk is difficult for the nh leader. It requires timely assessment that is discussed further in this thread in the leadership section. Players can help by voicing their concerns to their nh leader via pm. **Please keep the drama out of chat. PM only.** I do not want to address drama or conflict in chat. It is common to want to vent and discuss the conflict openly. Please resist the urge to make a difficult situation worse. Our nh is not a democracy, it is a benevolent dictatorship with communist undertones. That sounds super ego-driven or power-tripping at its worst... but what I mean is that we do not vote on disciplinary decisions or actions. The responsibility and consequences rest on my shoulders alone. Our co-leaders have the power to remove, but they rarely have, due to their fear of over-stepping their authority. There have been several times that it would have made my life easier had they dealt with conflict by kicking out difficult players, but they have rarely done it. I do not expect them to exercise their removing authority, but I trust that if they saw something that they deemed kickable, and kicked, that it would be deserved, and I would support them.

As a leader, it is best for you to wait until you have support of others who have seen the negative behaviour as well. Kicking too soon can make it difficult for you, creating more isolation and avoidance as you may be perceived as touchy, hot-headed, or unpredictable. Kicking too late may cost you good players who leave to avoid the difficult player or conflict. Timing issues are discussed a bit further in the thread.

As conflict can enter through the chat interactions, it is important that everyone know about the Report Button. Please see this link for more official information. https://supercell.helpshift.com/a/ha...nned-from-chat

If a player posts disturbing or offensive chat entries, every player has the option of reporting the troublesome player. Has the difficult player shifted from quirky to offensive? Are they posting an offending view or being offensive? These are tricky lines in the sand that can shift a little depending on circumstances. What one views as humor, another is offended by. It is generally best to steer clear of saying anything that could be taken the wrong way. Kindness, compassion, helping, warmth, displaying good manners... these are virtues we strive for in our nh. If your off-topic chat posts are not displaying these characteristics, please consider talking about something else. Players who cross the line (and bearing in mind, that line is very subjective for individual players), can be anonymously reported, and if enough players report the player, he/she will be silenced on chat for 24 hours. They will still be able to read chat, but are unable to post.

(ETA, 04/28/2017): After a player is reported, the leader then has to take action for the good of the nh. One report could be a slip of the fingers, but 4 reporting? That is a serious notification that something needs to be dealt with immediately. It also clearly signifies that a quirk has passed over into being a vision breaker.

As discussed further in this thread in regards to timing, without use of the report button, it can be incredibly difficult to determine when to remove a player for bad fit or figuring out if/when they have crossed the quirk-to-vision breaker line. I have had an experience where the quirks of one (ill-fitting at times) player were offensive to other (well-fitting, longer term) players who chose to leave rather than report, but a few did pm me their complaints. It was a tough call to make. I continued to lose good players but without anything discipline worthy happening or reported, "not liking someone" was not a valid reason to kick them off the team.
    Eventually, (un-necessary yet unavoidable) drama ensued when the quirk crossed the line and hit a wall of Gandalf "You shall not pass" public opinion accountability for careless quirky and vision-breaking words spoken.
    Could this have been more easily resolved had I removed the player earlier? Possibly.
    Do I regret not doing so? No.
    Even though I lost good, well-matched players? Yes.
    Why?
    Because, Friend, this benevolent dictator is trying to be fair, diplomatic, compassionate, helpful, warm, accepting, non-partisan, team-focused, and kind to ALL members of her neighborhood. Learning to get along with difficult people on your team is a part of life and achieves important character development.

My vision is to have a nh full of like-minded players who get along well enough that I can step away for a break and not worry about potential conflict burning the nh down. It takes time.

If you have any questions or concerns, please pm me.

If belonging to a nh with accountability appeals to you, please consider joining us to see if we are a good fit.
    Last edited by SweetCherryPie; June 14th, 2017 at 06:41 AM.

Wow sounds like a nice neighborhood

Happy Holidays from Peaceful Estates!

We are closing our 28/30 neighborhood for a Christmas break and will start actively recruiting again in the New Year. If you are interested in joining us, please send me a PM. I will eventually respond!

Heard this week in our nh: "This is a good nh." "I am glad to be here." "You have all helped me so much."

We will be playing very relaxed over the break, but are normally very active and expect daily or 3x a week activity which is judged by social interactions via chat, town train pick up, shop purchases, and feedback of the team. Silent (non-interactive players), will be removed EXCEPT that these judgements will be suspended during our holiday break. Once January comes, we will expect active game play to resume. ☺

See you all in January!

ETA: Derby Rules During Christmas Break:

• Complete all 9 tasks
    • Choose tasks that you can complete independently
    • No 300 point task minimum in effect, no 2700 derby minimum in effect -- this is so that lower level players or busy high level players can complete derby tasks independently and faster.
    • Opt out if in doubt! We are drama-free and will be remaining so. Fair game play makes this a reality. If a player times out on a task, or does not complete 9 tasks, this will still be a kickable offence as it always creates "unfair" drama. If you time out on 1 task, you can complete a 10th task to make up for it (same as usual active play expectation). It is better for the derby team to have fewer, dedicated players, than to include a well-intentioned but lazy/distracted player who lets them down. Please understand, it is going to cause far less drama for the entire nh to drop a derby league or two, than for an individual player to drop the ball during derby and have to be removed. Derby is a team sport: winning or losing doesn't matter if everyone has done their personal best.
    • No penalties/removing for being inactive if opted out of derby. This is not entirely derby related. If you are usually active, (see above for how activity is determined), and you don't check in at all until January, you will not be kicked out. We encourage taking this break, spend time with loved ones, get away from the game if needed. We will take a roll call during the first week of January. If you don't check in then, you will be demoted for 1 week, and if you remain MIA, demoted further each week until removed from the nh. Please PM me if you find yourself removed and want back in. Please PM me if you are going to be away on break longer than the first week of January.

2017 Update Clarifications on Delayed Start and Trashing:
    • Delayed Start: would be nice but will not be strictly enforced unless drama ensues. Our goal, above all else, is to remain drama-free during Holiday Mode. If we manage a delayed start, great! If not, it is not the end of the world.
    • Trashing: would be nice but as there are no minimum points, only 9 tasks completed required, it is up to each player to determine what they can accomplish. If we drop out of CL, fine. (It would be a first for our nh. ) If players trash to 300 still, that is great. If players don't keep the board cleaned up, it's okay. The main goal is staying drama-free.

Please pm me if you have any questions and I will clarify further here.
    Last edited by SweetCherryPie; November 27th, 2017 at 08:33 AM.

Lightbulb Thoughts about: Nectar Bushes

Discussion Starter: Dead Forest Look or Minimalist Plant Life Look? We have both types in our nh. ☺
    I have been trying to find the right balance for my farm.... always a work in progress as the type and amount of fruit needs change from level to level.
    I have found a good ratio for nectar bushes that has worked well for me to avoid the Dead Forest look:

• 3 hives: 3 nectar bushes: 10+ axes
    • 4 hives: 4 nectar bushes: 20+ axes

If I start to run low on axes, I stop collecting honey, and/or stop replacing dead nectar bushes, until my axe supply has built up again.
    This has worked well for me, but perhaps you have a different strategy to share with our nh. You are welcome to join us!

Heard in our nh this week: "This is a really helpful nh!"

If you have been looking for a helpful nh, where reciprocal helping is valued, you are welcome to try our nh out!
    Last edited by SweetCherryPie; January 14th, 2017 at 05:36 PM.

I enjoying reading everything you wrote until I got to page 3 and realised how fast the spots were filling! My name is Raine, I'll pm you my details.

Edit: turns out it's better to just type it here (can't figure out how to pm ppl yet smh)

Citrusflavour Farm - lvl 26
    I'm from Toronto, Canada - Eastern Standard Time (-0500)
    Last edited by Citrusflavour; January 9th, 2017 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Update