A TH7 DE-PROTECTION FARMING BASE
    Legend

• Introduction
    • Base Images
    • Explanation of Base Mechanics
    • Pros/Cons
    • Conclusion

Introduction
    Welcome! Due to the plethora of TH8 bases already available in the forums, I have decided to create a new farming base for TH7. As there are not many TH7 DE-protection bases out there, and Knoxx seems rather outdated, I proudly present my newest creation: Enigma, a TH7 farming base that focuses on protecting DE. I am currently working on a TH8 farming base, but unfortunately, my school examinations are nearing. As such, I will only be able to post it after 1-2 months.

Base Images
    Base In Its Entirety

CC Radius

Traps and Walls

Explanation of Base Mechanics
    Cornered Builder Huts
    After the new update, which reduced attack time back to 3 minutes, cornered huts are more powerful than before in preventing a 3-star attack. Furthermore, attackers may try to snipe them in order to achieve the 'Union Buster' achievement, which will increase attack percentage and increase your chances of getting a shield.
    Well-segmented Storages
    The gold and elixir storages are placed at different sides of the base, so it would be very difficult for the opponent to destroy both of these structures. The attacker also has to make a choice between going for the DE storage, and the TH and the elixir storages, as they are strategically placed at different sides of the base.

CC Radius

The CC is not unlurable, but it is still well-centralized, especially for a TH7 base. Many farmers tend to make the mistake of not checking if there are any CC troops before placing their main troops, which could ruin their attack if there are high dps troops in the cc, such as wizards, archers or a dragon. Alternatively, you could switch the CC with the BK, if your clan does not donate troops very often, or if you want to make the base more anti-giant.
    Optimized Trap Placement

Small bombs are placed strategically to kill WBs. This could dismantle giant-based attacks, as most farmers do not bring many WBs, and the giants could end up circling around the base if the core is not opened up. Giant bombs are placed to wound giants, and the GB near the TH could also protect the TH from getting swarmed by tier 1 troops. Spring traps are placed strategically, and they will almost always spring up 3 giants at a time. They are also placed at the most open compartment, which counters how large compartments are weaker to mass giants. Air traps directly cover the DE storage, and they help to increase the DE protection of the base.

DE Protection

The DE storage is relatively well-protected. Two teslas are placed beside it, dealing high dps to tanky troops, such as giants. As I mentioned earlier, the air traps directly cover the DE storage, protecting it from air attacks to a certain extent. The attacker also has to break through multiple sets of walls before being able to get to the DE storage. It is also protected by both wizard towers and two of the mortars, protecting it from tier 1 troops, such as goblins. After the new update, which released the daily star bonus loot, many attackers would rather go for the TH than the DE storage. This will mean that they will not be able to get to the DE storage during the attack.

Pros/Cons
    Will mention about these next time.

Conclusion
    In conclusion, I hope that you enjoyed this base design. Any feedback, modifications and testers are greatly welcomed. Cheers.
    Last edited by TheUnfazed; April 5th, 2016 at 10:39 PM.

Pro Member
    Reserve 1.
    COC: TH8.75 (Level 95) | CR: Level 10 (29623/30000) | Max Cups: 4625 | 61/67 Cards | DOUBLE SIEGE FTW

Pro Member
    Final reserve, you may post now!
    COC: TH8.75 (Level 95) | CR: Level 10 (29623/30000) | Max Cups: 4625 | 61/67 Cards | DOUBLE SIEGE FTW

Retired from forums, about to retire from CoC and CR.
    First!Nice giant funnelling, that'll throw some TH8s off. Few things. I think bombs have to be 1 tile away from the wall, not directly adjacent to hit WB before they blow themselves up.Quite weak to mass drags, though.
    Retired on Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmaka3m View Post
    Sometimes I want to smash my head into a wall after checking the forums. I don't know how mods survived this long on the forums.
    Awesome sig made by KingKappa, who unfortunately is retired.

Pro Member
    I'll adjust the small bombs thing. As for mass drag, I don't think that you should expect a th7 farming base to be able to counter it... Thanks btw
    Last edited by TheUnfazed; April 5th, 2016 at 10:38 PM.