Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Emulator as iPad.

Question Emulator as iPad.

Here is the situation... I play on 2 iPads. There may be a time in the near future where I will not have access to my iPads for a month or more. I will have access to a computer. I know a little about emulators. I know some emulators have bot features and is how some people ch eat. My question is... If I'm only logging into an emulator to play the game (not using a bot) Is it prohibited by the terms of use? Im not allowing a bot to do anything, just as a means to get into my game without an iPad.

Thanks for any info.

Banned
    Last I checked you can't even type the name of the emulator in here without getting a forum warning so that should tell you something about whether that particular emulator is allowed...

Quote Originally Posted by rbcrewser View Post
    Last I checked you can't even type the name of the emulator in here without getting a forum warning so that should tell you something about whether that particular emulator is allowed...
    Hmm I know they are not supported by any means and I'm not asking about specific emulators. I just want to know if it's breaking the terms of use policy if I'm using one, not automated like a bot.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by CacheCowQueen View Post
    Hmm I know they are not supported by any means and I'm not asking about specific emulators. I just want to know if it's breaking the terms of use policy if I'm using one, not automated like a bot.
    yes.

answer to your question, the one you didn't asked:
    people were banned.

Quote Originally Posted by CacheCowQueen View Post

I don't know but I would suggest it breaks ToS, or at least that is what used to be said by mods once upon a time on these forums when the topic was more commonly raised: (at the time of these threads below, both Cricks and Daddy were mods and they knew their stuff!).

http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...Day-on-your-PC

http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/277083-Playing-C-o-C-using-Android-emulator

Last edited by pitchfork; March 11th, 2016 at 10:55 PM.
    VOTE HERE for a Derby Gift Catalogue.

Enable diamond confirmation --- but beware: it only works in some places! ❇click for info❇
    Of Chill Reputations ~ join a cool neighbourhood

Pro Member
    I'm not very tech savvy. I use my iPad at home and android phone when out to play. We don't even have a PC anymore! The laptop has been gathering dust for about 2 years under the sofa. What is an emulator? Sorry I'm nosey by nature

Quote Originally Posted by pitchfork View Post
    I don't know but I would suggest it breaks ToS, or at least that is what used to be said by mods once upon a time on these forums when the topic was more commonly raised: (at the time of these threads below, both Cricks and Daddy were mods and they knew their stuff!).

http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...Day-on-your-PC

http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/277083-Playing-C-o-C-using-Android-emulator

Ok thank you. Have re read terms again for the up tenth time... It does explicitly say access service thru 3rd party. Which would be the emulator. Thanks again.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by VickyD View Post
    I'm not very tech savvy. I use my iPad at home and android phone when out to play. We don't even have a PC anymore! The laptop has been gathering dust for about 2 years under the sofa. What is an emulator? Sorry I'm nosey by nature
    it is a method by which a computer can behave as a different device or run a different operating system. Game emulators have been popular for many many years. The particular emulator in question allows you to experience how an Android tablet runs while using your computer, has access to the Google Store and for all intents and purposes acts like an Android tablet.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rbcrewser View Post
    it is a method by which a computer can behave as a different device or run a different operating system. Game emulators have been popular for many many years. The particular emulator in question allows you to experience how an Android tablet runs while using your computer, has access to the Google Store and for all intents and purposes acts like an Android tablet.

Thank you that explains it well. I guess then the reason that SC don't allow it then is because they don't have a PC version of HD so it's manipulating their software. I must lead a sheltered life as I have never heard of doing such a thing. I do have a laptop that every now and then comes out.... Only if I want to play *cough "Theme Hospital"

Millennial Club
    I don't think this forum is the right place to see a as source of info and discussion on emulators.

Quote Originally Posted by Cricks3 View Post
    Tech Support is unable to assist with these or any other issues arising in the game from the use of such programs and the inconsistent problems they cause. Therefore, it is also against forum rules to ask for, assist with, or discuss such on the forum. Sorry, but it's for the protection of our players.