Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Emulator as iPad.

I just want to say that whether there is a risk or not, one should follow the TOS for the game and take it seriously. If not for the fear of losing your farm, becoming banned, but as well as out of respect for the developers. That's my piece.

Farm Level 155
    Daily Player/Trades

Widdin... you seem to feel you are so terribly wise. I do hope you keep posting on the forums, the whole give em enough rope and that you know...

OP, you figured out what you needed to know from the helpful replies here. I'm glad you found your answer in the TOS.
    Lea
    My opinons are mine, yours are yours. I'm okay with that.
    Bless your heart and I thank ya kindly for your concern.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by VickyD View Post
    Thank you that explains it well. I guess then the reason that SC don't allow it then is because they don't have a PC version of HD so it's manipulating their software. I must lead a sheltered life as I have never heard of doing such a thing. I do have a laptop that every now and then comes out.... Only if I want to play *cough "Theme Hospital"
    Emulators aren't always created with a view to circumvent or manipulate apps or programs, they truly serve a purpose. If one becomes an app developer for example for Apple products you get what is essentially an emulator that allows you on a computer to simulate how your developed app will work on the various devices.

The concept is in a way not that different from the ability to run Virtual Machines on computers to simulate different operating systems.

Also as I mentioned above game emulators have been around for a while. Google MAME emulators and you might get lost in your past playing all the arcade games from many many years ago

I will also say I indeed do have the emulator mentioned on a PC. I do not have hayday on it. To be blunt the emulator runs slow, is a RAM hog, and you have to daily install 2 games or pay a $2 month fee to use it without advertising. That alone should tell you something about it.

But it to steer this topic around... You are seeking a way to play the game without access to a tablet. Without being nosy, is there a reason you can't use a tablet? You will obviously need Internet acces.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by rbcrewser View Post
    Emulators aren't always created with a view to circumvent or manipulate apps or programs, they truly serve a purpose. If one becomes an app developer for example for Apple products you get what is essentially an emulator that allows you on a computer to simulate how your developed app will work on the various devices.

The concept is in a way not that different from the ability to run Virtual Machines on computers to simulate different operating systems.

Also as I mentioned above game emulators have been around for a while. Google MAME emulators and you might get lost in your past playing all the arcade games from many many years ago

I will also say I indeed do have the emulator mentioned on a PC. I do not have hayday on it. To be blunt the emulator runs slow, is a RAM hog, and you have to daily install 2 games or pay a $2 month fee to use it without advertising. That alone should tell you something about it.

But it to steer this topic around... You are seeking a way to play the game without access to a tablet. Without being nosy, is there a reason you can't use a tablet? You will obviously need Internet acces.
    If you have 8gb ram theres no issue, you can play other games meanwhile. You only have to install 2 apps every 2nd week or so (When you click install nothing happens so it doesnt matter at all actually)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by widdin View Post
    If you have 8gb ram theres no issue, you can play other games meanwhile. You only have to install 2 apps every 2nd week or so (When you click install nothing happens so it doesnt matter at all actually)
    You like to push the envelope don't you? We get it. You play hayday using the emulator on your computer. Here's a cookie. Nobody else ever did that... How about you just look at all the threads that are listed as similar at the bottom and take a look at what happens:they get closed. How does that help the OP?

How about you now drop the subject so the OP can maybe come back for advice on how to achieve what they want:
    A way to play the game that falls within the scope of the TOS of the game developer.
    Last edited by rbcrewser; March 12th, 2016 at 04:18 PM.

Banned
    Anything you do can result in a ban, go yolo, only happens for stupid people that doesnt know what they are doing. And the creator asked for tips, i provided them instead of q_q'ing, he was only going to do it for a while so what can happen..Nothing badabish badaboom. Its up to one and each other if they want to risk something, in this case the risk is very low.
    Hi widdin. What is q_q'ing? You can PM me if you want. It is getting rather heavy-handed in here...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by snakiddy View Post
    Hi widdin. What is q_q'ing? You can PM me if you want. It is getting rather heavy-handed in here...
    q_q resembles glasses thus indicates searching or googling.
    Last edited by rbcrewser; March 12th, 2016 at 04:35 PM.

Centennial Club
    "Q_Q"

- a sad, crying face

- usually used in gaming to express sadness
    Last edited by widdin; March 12th, 2016 at 05:03 PM.

I was playing with an emulator with my baby farm - had no idea it was against the rules till one day I naively mentioned the software and folks were nice enough to send me warning PMs.

I searched and found threads where lots of players have been banned for using an emulator. I went out that weekend and bought a cheapo Samsung Galaxy Tab A for baby farm & uninstalled the emulator software from my laptop.

If I had been banned for using an emulator, it would have been my own darn fault because I didn't read the terms of service. Doesn't matter whether you think Supercell is justified with a rule. Their game. Their rules.

If you can afford an inexpensive Android tablet, it's a good way to continue playing when the iPad isn't available. At one point, I played my main farm on both an iPad and an Android phone and didn't have any issues playing the same farm on iOS/Android.

By the way, that Tab A is a sweet little tablet for light gaming. (Not great for anything text-heavy, though.)
    Last edited by GraceLebo; March 12th, 2016 at 05:25 PM.
    Neighborhood: Sheldon's Rebel Alliance (Mid-sized with room for a few more HELPFUL farmers)
    Farm Level: 108 ~~~ Town Level: 29 ~~~ Achievements: 126 of 129

Banned
    "Q_Q"

- a sad, crying face

- usually used in gaming to express sadness
    hmmm. Thanks.