Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: So...Why can't a clan leader actually LEAD a clan?

  1. #1
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    108

    So...Why can't a clan leader actually LEAD a clan?

    I've played this game for quite awhile, but only recently became a clan leader. When I did, I realized that a clan leader has absolutely no power to do anything...at all. It has been frustrating to be unable to control any aspect of my clan except to kick people for any offense.

    Things I should be able to do, but can't:
    1. Force member war status to red/out.
    2. Mute players for a period of time.
    3. Control recommended targets...or ANY ASPECT OF WAR for that matter. (I wouldn't mind being able to withhold war loot to some people who just don't listen).
    4. Control war CC donations (i.e. control who can donate, and remove troops from any CC, so new idjits don't donate goblins and ruin it for everyone - and this happens WAY too often).
    5. Change the abilities of ranks (i.e. make it so only CO's can kick another player).

    Is there a reason clan leaders are unable to lead these important aspects of their clan?

  2. #2
    Forum Veteran nstar612's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,500
    Clan leader = clan owner. That's it! Otherwise, there isn't much difference between a leader and co-leader.

    What you are suggesting sounds like micro-management, which is way too much for a game. If you need to manage your members down to that level, you are better off go recruit more mature players. Spend more effort in recruiting good members only and it will save you tons of headache in the future.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    251
    Micro-managing your clan would be a bad idea. Get some better, older and mature players instead.
    Solutions to your problems:

    1. Just NOT include them in war! It's that simple.
    2. Say that you will kick them if they talk in chat for X minutes
    3. Send a clan message at the beginning of each war telling people who to attack (ie drop 2 from your number for first attack). Recommend targets means just that their defensive weight is close to your offensive.
    4. Not much to do about this
    5. Don't promote people to elder unless you want them to have kicking power.
    DarkStar - TH8.5 with 600+ war stars.

  4. #4
    Pro Member humheartbeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Singapore, South East Asia
    Posts
    662

    Just my two cents

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkStar1 View Post
    Micro-managing your clan would be a bad idea. Get some better, older and mature players instead.
    Solutions to your problems:

    1. Just NOT include them in war! It's that simple.
    2. Say that you will kick them if they talk in chat for X minutes
    3. Send a clan message at the beginning of each war telling people who to attack (ie drop 2 from your number for first attack). Recommend targets means just that their defensive weight is close to your offensive.
    4. Not much to do about this
    5. Don't promote people to elder unless you want them to have kicking power.
    Pretty much sums it up. You do know you can just not include people in war even though they opted in, right?

    It's true that Co and Leader have little differences, the only main one being you can kick them but they can't lay a finger on you. That's the power, really. Anything else, you're trusting them enough to kick others when they act out and you're not around.

    But yeah, basically try not to promote anyone easily to elder, much less co-leader.
    LadyLeader of Lay Me To Rest - Near Maxed TH9
    {Level 11/ International /Always Small Wars}
    LMTR's Personal Glory Youtube Page
    [LAY ME TO REST: CLASH ROYALE]

  5. #5
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    136
    Kick button is all I need. I run an 88-8 war clan

  6. #6
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by humheartbeat View Post
    Pretty much sums it up. You do know you can just not include people in war even though they opted in, right?

    It's true that Co and Leader have little differences, the only main one being you can kick them but they can't lay a finger on you. That's the power, really. Anything else, you're trusting them enough to kick others when they act out and you're not around.

    But yeah, basically try not to promote anyone easily to elder, much less co-leader.
    Gotta include people sometime if I want to see what they can do. I've resorted to asking for replays before I put people in war but it doesn't always work because they can pick their best and still stink. Our clan had a perfect war record until suddenly one new recruit cost us a war and it made 3 of our best quit because they wanted the perfect record. Trying to replace them has just compounded the problem as we get more and more bad people joining and kicked after every war...either they can't attack or they just don't. I've lost some of my best players because of this, and I just want a way to keep new ppl from ruining war ccs and costing us perfect war stars by leaving more holes than our vets can fill.

    Only thing I can think of is a feeder clan to filter out the morons, which just seems like way too much work.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    INDIA,SHIMLA
    Posts
    240

    Being a Good Leader Means U r responsible for every action..

    Hello friend the Point u listed r useless.
    and have mentioned which can't be controlled..
    Focus on things u can control rather u can't control
    Make good rules...and be equal to all..
    Indian Elite Clan For 18+ players.
    For True Gamers. Whose passion is wining
    To see current win streak or war chat :- www.facebook.com/cochimachaltigers
    To see Rules :- www.himachaltigers.wordpress.com

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    INDIA,SHIMLA
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by 13utcher View Post
    Kick button is all I need. I run an 88-8 war clan
    Nice bro...good work..
    Indian Elite Clan For 18+ players.
    For True Gamers. Whose passion is wining
    To see current win streak or war chat :- www.facebook.com/cochimachaltigers
    To see Rules :- www.himachaltigers.wordpress.com

  9. #9
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by Robindevil View Post
    Hello friend the Point u listed r useless.
    and have mentioned which can't be controlled..
    Focus on things u can control rather u can't control
    Make good rules...and be equal to all..
    "can't be controlled"

    Catch up. That's what I was saying at the beginning.

  10. #10
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by 13utcher View Post
    Kick button is all I need. I run an 88-8 war clan
    For the record my clan was 72-0 before one noob decided to throw wallbreakers in all the CC's, then waste his first attack looting no.1 before I kicked him.

    HOW DOES A LEADER PREVENT THIS? HOW DO I PROTECT MY CLAN?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •