Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 110 of 110

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Less loot when attacking lower town hall levels (Version 2.73)

  1. #101
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1
    This change is really effecting my enjoyment and likelihood in continuing to play this game, I've worked to grow my city, while being attacked and farmed by others. That drove me to adapt and change my defences as I grew. Staying online to protect my loot to upgrade!

    These changes mean that I spend 20-30k of gold looking for a target that with recover the troop cost of the attack!! And at times don't find one...

    My patients is starting to wear thin, which is a shame as I was really enjoying this game. Not sure what else to do, but I won't be continuing if this is not changed!

    What were the programmer thinking????

  2. #102

    Should rename the title NO LOOT

    Quote Originally Posted by Rauta View Post
    Hey Guys and Gals,

    With the version that is going live today, we made some changes to looting. Namely on how much you can loot from attacking lower town hall levels.

    If you attack a town hall which is higher, equal or one level below your town hall level, you will be able to get the same amount of loot as before. If you attack town hall that is 2 levels lower than you, you will get 75% less loot. For example, town hall level 8 attacks town hall level 6 with 100 000 available loot, the attacker will only be able to loot 25 000. Attacking even lower level town halls will result in more deduction on the loot amounts.

    While we don't want to completely prevent people from attacking lower town hall levels, we feel that this change is necessary to improve the risk vs. reward aspect of the game. Previously, if you managed to find a target few town hall levels lower than you with good loot, the risk would be minimal and the reward would be high. In an ideal situation, the risk and reward would be near equal, as that makes the choices in the game most interesting. With this new system the risk vs. reward scales much better and will hopefully lead to much more challenging gameplay.
    There is absolutely NEXT TO NO LOOT available for a lot of people you have stranded by this update. It is hopeless and toatally UNFAIR. Mid level playeres get HIT by the TOP DOGS CONTINUALLY, but this is NOT AN OPTION for MID LEVEL PLAYERS. TOTALLY UNFAIAIR AND NEEDS REVIEWING ...........FAST

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibbsy View Post
    This change is really effecting my enjoyment and likelihood in continuing to play this game, I've worked to grow my city, while being attacked and farmed by others. That drove me to adapt and change my defences as I grew. Staying online to protect my loot to upgrade!

    These changes mean that I spend 20-30k of gold looking for a target that with recover the troop cost of the attack!! And at times don't find one...

    My patients is starting to wear thin, which is a shame as I was really enjoying this game. Not sure what else to do, but I won't be continuing if this is not changed!

    What were the programmer thinking????
    I don't think they tested their idea, and ended up with a lot of ♥♥♥♥♥♥ off people. The only bad thing about so many negative threads, is Rauta won't be able to read them all, but... If they are going to leave this pitiful excuse for an update online/live, at least match us against like TH levels. I've literally spent 3M matching because it's matching by Trophy Level, which Unfortunately, my TH don't coincide with.

  4. #104
    Since they noted they were taking a day off I'll wait until they respond...but this was the straw that broke the camel's back. I have a builder free but can't raid the resources for expensive upgrades....I will literally have to wait weeks to have enough for some of these upgrades....FOR A SINGLE UPGRADE.
    Summary of every global chat: "Join my clan"
    Josh - SonsOfClanarchy

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    4,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaosx View Post
    Since they noted they were taking a day off I'll wait until they respond...but this was the straw that broke the camel's back. I have a builder free but can't raid the resources for expensive upgrades....I will literally have to wait weeks to have enough for some of these upgrades....FOR A SINGLE UPGRADE.
    My pain is that I got screwed for buying so much GEM. I hasted my TH to level 8 with minimum walls and defenses. Now I can't find resources to upgrade anything. And people at low levels can easily farm me. I got screwed for paying so much money. Awkward.

  6. #106
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4

    Hope!

    Hi supercell,first time posting a thread and prob my last as I don't normally say much about games/updates,I feel that this latest update takes the whole concept off clashing/battling other ppl out of the game,bc it actually cost more money/elexir to build your army than you can actually make during battles,and also I'm waiting for my lab to upgrade and Iam told that the upgrade from level 4 to 5 for troops was 1mill and now it is 2.25mill,how can it be possible for anyone to amass that sort of resources anymore due to this update,I reviewed this game in AppStore and gave it 4 stars when i first started,I will be giving it another review of 1 star for what this update deserves,I can only HOPE that common sense prevails and some changes can be made before its to late.Thank you for your time.
    P.S what happened to updating the clan chat system and private chat/lettering and comincating with other ppl that you said you were going to focus on in this update?

  7. #107
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    155
    I suggest Matchmaking is still based on trophies, but prioritize town halls that are at our level first. When all those are exhausted or unavailable start displaying -/+ 1 away from our town hall. This way, we don't waste gold looking for the right match up. Now you have two factors to protect newbies...

    1) better match up immediately
    2) to attack someone below you will require a lot of next (must spend lots of gold)

    Matchmaking is still based on trophies, but the presentation order is changing to your town level vs opponents town l
    Hall level

  8. #108
    I dunno what people are complaining about, they just removed the loophole in using trophies for matchmaking and made it so that people would play it the way it should be. Anyway, i do agree that the prices are so $$$$ing ridiculousy expensive and hope that it could be balanced more.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    4,103
    Quote Originally Posted by aedion View Post
    I dunno what people are complaining about, they just removed the loophole in using trophies for matchmaking and made it so that people would play it the way it should be. Anyway, i do agree that the prices are so $$$$ing ridiculousy expensive and hope that it could be balanced more.
    You do realize that this thread is 4 weeks ago...

    Though the loot was nerfed again 4 levels lower on TH level.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Krama View Post
    Hi supercell,first time posting a thread and prob my last as I don't normally say much about games/updates,I feel that this latest update takes the whole concept off clashing/battling other ppl out of the game,bc it actually cost more money/elexir to build your army than you can actually make during battles,and also I'm waiting for my lab to upgrade and Iam told that the upgrade from level 4 to 5 for troops was 1mill and now it is 2.25mill,how can it be possible for anyone to amass that sort of resources anymore due to this update,I reviewed this game in AppStore and gave it 4 stars when i first started,I will be giving it another review of 1 star for what this update deserves,I can only HOPE that common sense prevails and some changes can be made before its to late.Thank you for your time.
    P.S what happened to updating the clan chat system and private chat/lettering and comincating with other ppl that you said you were going to focus on in this update?
    I agree 100%...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •