Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fix for account switching problem

Current fix for account switching problem

Looks like there are issues with the latest update of google play games. It will ask you to create a gamer ID and attempts to switch accounts will yield no result/no load.

As a temporary fix until we have more information about this issue or SC releases a patch, you can uninstall updates to google play games and revert to the factory version for the time being.

Menu options may vary a bit from device to device, but the general idea is this: Go to Settings > Apps > All > Google Play Games > Uninstall Updates.

To stop play games from updating itself: Open Google Play Store, tap the icon in the upper left and navigate to My Apps & Games > Google Play Games > tap 3 dots in upper right and uncheck the auto update option

If after reverting to the factory install of Play Games, you get an error stating you need to update, install version 3.5.17 found here: http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-...-apk-download/

After doing this you should be able to switch accounts once more. It's not the most elegant fix, but will work in the short term
    Last edited by SnowDrifter; February 24th, 2016 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowDrifter View Post
    Looks like there are issues with the latest update of google play games. It will ask you to create a gamer ID and attempts to switch accounts will yield no result/no load.

As a temporary fix until we have more information about this issue or SC releases a patch, you can uninstall updates to google play games and revert to the factory version for the time being.

Menu options may vary a bit from device to device, but the general idea is this: Go to Settings > Apps > All > Google Play Games > Uninstall Updates.

To stop play games from updating itself: Open Google Play Store, tap the icon in the upper left and navigate to My Apps & Games > Google Play Games > tap 3 dots in upper right and uncheck the auto update option

After doing this you should be able to switch accounts once more. It's not the most elegant fix, but will work in the short term
    SC will release no fix for this issue. Only one account is allowed on a device. Any problem that is caused by breaking ToS is not related to SC and you will get no support for it.

I hope your method help other clashers but SC won't release a fix for it.
    Last edited by mmmaka3m; February 24th, 2016 at 05:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmaka3m View Post
    SC will release no fix for this issue. Only one account is allowed on a device. Any problem that is caused by breaking ToS is not related to SC and you will get no support for it.

I hope your method did other clashers problem but SC won't release a fix for it.

As per the TOS: "The Service supports only one Account per game on a supported device."
    It neither explicitly nor implicitly states that use of multiple accounts per device is a violation, only that it's not supported.

That being said, a lot of users with multiple accounts per device also tend towards buying gems. I think supercell realizes this and might push towards a fix. But that's just speculation.

Anyways... My main gold with this thread isn't to discuss the nuances of the TOS but more to offer help to other users who are having issues with the most recent play games update.

We can chat more in PM if you'd like but in this thread I'm not going to say any more about the issue
    Last edited by SnowDrifter; February 24th, 2016 at 05:38 AM.

I did what was said. However when I open and try to switch accts it says that the latest update of google play games is required...

Quote Originally Posted by SnowDrifter View Post
    As per the TOS: "The Service supports only one Account per game on a supported device."
    It neither explicitly nor implicitly states that use of multiple accounts per device is a violation, only that it's not supported.

That being said, a lot of users with multiple accounts per device also tend towards buying gems. I think supercell realizes this and might push towards a fix. But that's just speculation.

Anyways... My main gold with this thread isn't to discuss the nuances of the TOS but more to offer help to other users who are having issues with the most recent play games update.

We can chat more in PM if you'd like but in this thread I'm not going to say any more about the issue
    I didn't want to discuss ToS , I was just saying Supercell will not fix this, We discussed it before in the forum, sorry that I can't explain it more Here because I am afraid I break forum rules and I don't want to do that.

I appreciate your help in this matter. I didn't had any clue or fix myself. Thanks for the solution.

Banned
    It's a google play problem, not a clash problem.

The following worked for me, to switch accounts:

1. clear out all google accounts from your device
    2. delete clash of clans
    3. go into the google play application and select the option to uninstall updates, which sets google play back to factory settings
    4. Add the account you want to connect into via accounts > google
    5. Reinstall clash of clans
    6. Update google play to current version
    7. Clash will open to that account and allow you to connect back to google play.

Hopefully google play gets a patch soon...
    Last edited by xtalx; February 24th, 2016 at 05:56 AM.

i have found a fix for this.

latest version doesnt let you switch accounts, when you uninstall updates on Google Play Games, it wont let you play clash until you update it right?

well find Google Play Games.apk VERSION: 3.5.17

install it

and everything will be how it originally was!

works for me
    TunedBySTi leader of Rice4Life, Aussie based clan with 400+ war wins

Ranked No.1 most war wins clan in Australia - verified by clashofstats.com
    Previously No.1 most win streak (62 wins in a row) in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by vinshonz View Post
    i have found a fix for this.

latest version doesnt let you switch accounts, when you uninstall updates on Google Play Games, it wont let you play clash until you update it right?

well find Google Play Games.apk VERSION: 3.5.17

install it

and everything will be how it originally was!

works for me
    Google Play Games.apk VERSION: 3.5.17

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-...-apk-download/

This worked thank you

This worked

Quote Originally Posted by mmmaka3m View Post
    google play games.apk version: 3.5.17

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-...-apk-download/

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by farmer817 View Post
    This worked
    This worked for me also. I did this after uninstalling Google Play as well. Back to how it was before they messed it all up.