Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of nhs that kick people out for not finishing tasks?

Quote Originally Posted by lboucha View Post
    That just happened in my NH,this person joined our farm she was told right away that one of us plays the derby and the other one doesn't ,her comment to me the leader I should leave the farm and find a more active one were I could win in response I told her I usually win the derby when I play, no response from her. She was told to opt out of of the derby if she was not going to play did she do it no, she ruined the whole race for me and I was in first place. I asked her if she was going to play as she didn't opt out, no response, I waited a bit and still no movement or comments. I wrote a message to her on are page as I was very angry left it there for a few hours then said bye bye . What a way to play the game no communication no nothing what are u supposed to do with someone like that. I would love to post her name so no other farm goes through that . I think there should be some place to post the names of these people so other NH don't get stuck with them.
    You did the right thing saying bye to her. Since she knows so much about the derby and how to "win," she should've known to opt out in a small NH. And it sounds like you made every honest attempt to communicate with her and give her the benefit of the doubt in advance.

Sorry to hear that messed up your derby week. It's very frustrating, because if the derby is important to your game, it kind of ruins the rest of your game too.

Hope you're feeling good, at least, that you won't have to be in the same NH anymore. And you'll have many more derby successes, I'm sure.
    farm 142 ~ town 41 ~ hay day friend book [ closed ]

of chill reputations - a different kind of Hay Day neighborhood
    now under the warm and deft leadership of Bont1ng.

If they failed to complete tasks once it wouldn't be an issue, especially if an explanation was offered. The next time, the person might be booted. At one point I would have confidently stated that they would be booted, but 12 of our 13 neighbors have been together for about a year. It took a long time to put together a good drama-free neighborhood, and I wouldn't take the booting of a long-term member lightly. (Someone who'd recently joined wouldn't be afforded the same consideration.)

If it happened a third week in a row and they refused to opt-out, it would be time to kick them out of the hood.
    Neighborhood: Sheldon's Rebel Alliance (Mid-sized with room for a few more HELPFUL farmers)
    Farm Level: 108 ~~~ Town Level: 29 ~~~ Achievements: 126 of 129

Quote Originally Posted by haydayforum View Post
    Did she play during the time you were trying to communicard with her? I usually do tasks on the weekend, as i work during week. If someone tried to communicate with me beginning of week, they may find me unresponsive. This does not indicate how many tasks i will do by derby end.
    she was off and on the message I left for her I left on all day as she is from England so with the time difference it was on until 9PM her time ,and yes she was in her farm as things were being work on . She was rude right from the being and I let it go . The last derby before this one she did the same thing that's when she told me I should leave and go to another NH she took a task and did absolutely nothing the whole derby, I kept asking her if she was going to play with no answer, then in this derby I asked her a number of times to please opt out if she wasn't going to play,did she no. The thing that gets me is she joined using one name and a day latter changes to an other name I thought that was funny and nothing to let us know she was doing this. I think I did the right thing getting rid of her and not sorry I did. I still think there should be a room where there names are posted so other farms don't have to deal with unwilling players.

Our hood had a farmer under the age of 18 join last week, which we would rather not have and did not figure this out until 2 days ago (after derby had already started) when farmer finally revealed their age. My hood plays hard and fast during derby (by choice) and we made this very clear last week to our new hoodmate and their response was they could keep up with us no problems. This is not the case at all due to the farmer attending school as well as other commitments. Farmer chose not to opt out and is very slow in completing tasks, therefore leaving us very concerned simply because we work hard to finish in 1st place.

Farmer has a wonderful personality and does try hard when logged into the game, so this creates my struggle of whether I should kick them or not after this derby. I am more stressed over this than I am the derby. LoL

I have no issues with children / teens playing the game, but I personally want to play with farmers closer to my age range. I wish I knew a better way to monitor this.
    OxOx ~ Mooly🍀

GameCenter ID: moolynn76
    Neighborhood: Gr@zed & €onfuzed

Put it right on your farm what age limit you are excepting in your NH,and also when you are looking for new for new people for your NH that should help a bit. I would also tell the person that they are not a right fit for your farm therefore you have to let them go ,just be polite about it.
    Last edited by lboucha; March 3rd, 2016 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lboucha View Post
    Put it right on your farm what age limit you are excepting in your NH,and also when you are looking for new for new people for your NH that should help a bit. I would also tell the person that they are not a right fit for your farm therefore you have to let them go ,just be polite about it.
    Very good points. Thank you!

We certainly don't want to hurt anyone's feelings because after all...it is a game. We just choose to play a certain way in our little hood. I plan to take your advice and hope our farmer doesn't take it badly.

Thank you again!
    OxOx ~ Mooly🍀

GameCenter ID: moolynn76
    Neighborhood: Gr@zed & €onfuzed

We just had to kick our first players.

We made it clear in our request for people to join and several times in the hood chat that we expected players to complete their tasks or to opt out. It's not like we sprung the requirement on them. We offered help and suggestions on which tasks to do and still this became a problem.

Warning Then Boot

Our derby rule is finish all your tasks at the highest point value you can manage and still have fun.
    First offense; a quick 'reminder'.
    Second offense; out.
    Farm Tag: PQLVCLV8
    Level 113 - Daily Player and Helper!
    Town level 25
    133/144 Achievements
    Happy Helper in NH: FAVORITE SON

Establish clear rules

We tackled this problem by first establishing clear rules and guidelines on both expected behaviour and playing derby.
    Then we asked all existing members to sign up to those rules, and to provide the leaders with an email address where they can be contacted.

New members have to read and agree to our rules before joining.

Our rule is that members who do not follow our derby rules are contacted first, and are usually asked to opt out for a while. If they don't do so, or provide a reasonable explanation, they are kicked out. Same principle applies to breaches of our other rules.........contact first, ask for a reason, perhaps seek a commitment to change the behaviour, depending on the problem.

The key for us was to establish those rules upfront so that everyone is clear on what's expected of them. The rules have been amended from time to time, especially when derby changed. All members have reconfirmed their agreement with amended rules. We have a very happy, stable and friendly hood, successful in derby, with no management issues. But it was a lot of work for the leaders to set it up in the beginning.

Because Hayday doesn't provide a place to post the neighbourhood rules, we created our own website for our hood, where the rules are clearly stated, signups and new members are managed, and we have expanded it to include lots of tips, latest news etc. You are all very welcome to check it out for yourselves......www.haydayfaff.com

frenchie0z
    Leader FAFF neighbourhood
    crossed purple shovels on a yellow shield.

Things might happen..

We have kicked peeps out not not finishing tasks when it becomes habitual. We are all trying to get 320 tasks done and some people constantly drop tasks or don't pull their fair share. Why should the reap rewards the collective farmers helped to get?