Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: -=Th9 War Base: The Eyrie | Anti-Three Star Design=-

-=Th9 War Base: The Eyrie | Anti-Three Star Design=-

TH9 War Base: The Eyrie | Anti-Three Star Design

Intro:

This is my first TH9 base design that I have posted. I have been using this base for a significant time and I thought why not sharing it with the community since I see so many “Looking For Th9 War/Trophy base”. I have fiddled with the place of bombs, traps and heroes so don’t think that this is the best placement. I have had it here for along time and think it is suitable for me. I know that every Th9 base can be three starred with a few tries, and just saying it out there before I get complains on saying I was three starred. If you think that getting two starred is a fail, this base might not be for you.

Base

CC Radius

Walls and Traps

Basic Overview:

· Compact
    · Non-Symmetrical
    · Multiple Double Giant Bomb Positions
    · 10 compartments
    · Spring Traps placed to stop surgical hogs
    · Unlurable CC
    · Tesla’s Close to each other (opinion)
    · Off-set Queen
    · Shallow X-Bows to force heal drops prematurely

Recommended CC Troops:
    Lavahound

Base For:

· Player’s who have at least lvl 10 royals
    · All/Most walls lvl 9
    · Defense max or 1 lvl away from max

How The Base Works:

I am sorry guys but I am new to this things. So I wouldn’t be able to show diagrams explaining the base, but I will write it out if you’re interested.

Double Giant Bombs: We all know that double giant bombs are suppose to stop hogs from destroying your base. The placement of these tiny but powerful bombs are crucial they can make a good attack to a bad in any time. You can place double giant bombs in between defenses that can be triggered one at a time if the attacker paths the hogs correctly. Typically you would want to place dgb between defenses where you know that it will be quite hard to trigger it. Another Important thing make sure that you surround your defense with non-defensive buildings, this way the only place the hogs can go after destroying the first defense is to the second one. So deciding where to put the dbs is very important. Another vital note is to try to separate the queen and double giant bombs. You wouldn’t want them to trigger 1 set of dgb while trying to kill the queen. So it is necessary to have your queen and dgb parted. If you have problems of the placement you can shuffle around and put it somewhere you feel comfortable in.

Spring Traps

Small but handy the spring traps! When placing these tricky traps you have to think about where you have to place them. When placing these you have to think of where a GOOD attacker will enter your base to take out the queen and attempt to dismantle a double giant bomb. In this specific base, they is a high chance of an attacker coming from 10 o’ clock, where the attacker could take out the queen. That’s why there are a heavy amount of spring traps in the other side. Springs traps should primarily be places on the defenses hogs will travel to. The Springs Traps placed in this base is a way to prevent backend hogs and just general hogs coming from the least likely angle of a QKS.

Archer Queen

The Archer Queen was previously was placed near the middle of most anti 3 star bases. The only disadvantage was that the attacker could come from any angle and trigger dgb on the way. Showed above is an example of an offset queen, which means that the attacker either has to come from an angle that will not get them a good portion of the base and focus on the archer queen or they might have to use a army containing more space to come from a different side to try to dismantle dgb on the way. In the base that I have I have the bk in front of her to give her more protection and also make the attacker come from that way because they can get rid of 2 heroes. I know people might not like that but that is my preference and if you would like to change it go ahead. A strategy that has came in not long ago was the suicide dragons has came along. Which is 2 dragons funnel to lock on the queen. But on the base on top this wont be able to happen since the dragons will lock onto the bk and there is also a air sweeper there.

Air Defenses: There are a few notes on these that are important to consider when building any base. They should generally cover the majority of the base, and there should be archer towers in spaces they don't cover. You don't want to give away any easy balloon trades, etc. You also don't want air defenses to be too shallow, where loons can reach them very quickly. In addition, you don't want air defenses too close together. The attacker should not easily be able to send in a QKS that gets 2 air defenses and the queen. They should also not be able to use earthquake spells to get 3 air defenses with 3 golems. A base where all of this is thought of is also depicted above. If they have to use 2 golems and their heroes to get 1 AD and a queen, usually you are in good shape. That being said, it is important to place double seeking air mines on the two least likely air defenses to get reached by a QKS, which are also usually the deepest. That way, a hound that lands on the AD is killed almost immediately. These are the basic concepts of air defense placement. Last note, air bombs work well in pairs, in places unlikely to be soaked up by lava hounds.

Tesla Grouping: In my opinion tesla grouping is on of the ways someone can easily fail attack if they didn’t expect them to be there. A lone tesla still can be a surprise but it doesn’t cause a lot of havoc compared to a group of them. I think on the first attack tesla groups are awesome. The side fall of it when they attack you twice they can easily send in golems or something to take care of them. They wouldn’t exactly know where I could place my tesla since they are a lot of separate gaps in this base. So in my opinion I would rather gather my teslas then having them spread out individually.

Conclusion:

Thank You for sparing some time to read my base design thread. I know it is long . I do know that this is not a perfect base. But this is my first base I have created so please give me some lead way. Don’t Bomb comments to me pls. I know it has Pros and Cons no one can make a perfect base. Please Give Feedback Thx. Enjoy

☆ IGN: OnlyTake1 ★ Town Hall 9
    Never Give Up Stay Focused Stay Positive Stay Strong

Reserved #1

Reserved #2

Pro Member

Nice!

NJ,
    Liked the DGB as well as Aerial FUNNEL and prevention. Good to see open compartement Bases in 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by POPPININ View Post
    NJ,
    Liked the DGB as well as Aerial FUNNEL and prevention. Good to see open compartement Bases in 2016!
    Thx So much Enjoy You day

Your southern double bombs don't work. But otherwise, great base! Glad to see some REAL anti 3-star bases these days, away with centralized queens!
    IGN: Past Amazing
    Clan: Past Used By (#2GRCCP28)
    YouTube Channel (200k+ subs): Past Amazing

Quote Originally Posted by jlam2 View Post
    Your southern double bombs don't work. But otherwise, great base! Glad to see some REAL anti 3-star bases these days, away with centralized queens!
    Haha thx i was thinking that to but nowhere else "non obvious" place to place the double dgb. Thx anyway love the positive feedback

Centennial Club
    Hey mate. You should distance wiztowers from airdefs - that way when loons fly in, wiztowers are shooting balloons instead of hounds.

Also why do you put red air bombs next to airdefs? You want the red (splash) air bombs to target loons and stay away from hounds - ie away from airdefs, which act as anchors for lava hounds.

Also the top left airdef (closest to queen) is very exposed - it's within "walkable" distance - ie AQ range - with minimal point defenses covering it. If I were attacking this base on my th9 acct, I would set my heroes down near there to snipe that airdef, zapquake 2 airdefs and cc hound + 11 lvl 4 drags will cruise through any th9 base no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Rrredfive View Post
    Hey mate. You should distance wiztowers from airdefs - that way when loons fly in, wiztowers are shooting balloons instead of hounds.

Also why do you put red air bombs next to airdefs? You want the red (splash) air bombs to target loons and stay away from hounds - ie away from airdefs, which act as anchors for lava hounds.

Also the top left airdef (closest to queen) is very exposed - it's within "walkable" distance - ie AQ range - with minimal point defenses covering it. If I were attacking this base on my th9 acct, I would set my heroes down near there to snipe that airdef, zapquake 2 airdefs and cc hound + 11 lvl 4 drags will cruise through any th9 base no matter what.
    Thx for feedback my first base I have made will think of that next time

Bumpity Bump