View Poll Results: Which of the following should be added? (can choose more than one, BE HONEST)

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bomb changes

    52 33.12%
  • Spring Trap changes

    36 22.93%
  • Air bomb changes

    38 24.20%
  • Seeking air mine changes

    41 26.11%
  • Giant bomb changes

    35 22.29%
  • Telsa changes

    40 25.48%
  • New Giant Spring Trap

    52 33.12%
  • New Fake Buildings

    38 24.20%
  • All of the above

    34 21.66%
  • None of the above

    21 13.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 68

Thread: [Massive trap update:] New traps, changes to current traps, and more!

  1. #21
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,640
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbychan193 View Post

    2. Fake buildings

    • Can be disguised as any building at any level and looks like a normal building to attackers, but to you it is different from actual buildings (great for intimidation, distraction, etc.)
    • Only 1 health and doesn't have any real functions (e.g. if it's a defense, it can't attack enemies; if it's a storage, it can't store anything; if it's a hidden tesla, it's not hidden) other than luring troops with favorite targets, etc.
    • Can also be a fake TH, Hero Altar, etc.
    • Doesn't count towards the battle result (e.g. doesn't have to be destroyed to get 100%)
    • Can hide bombs and other traps inside (explode once the fake building is destroyed)
    • Cost: dependable on the building imitated (e.g. hero altar would cost DE, but a small amount; gold storage would cost a small amount of elixir, but it can be at any level in appearance)
    • One available at TH 5, another at TH 8, and the last at TH 10
    • Have to be rebought, like other traps
    So my question is, at a TH9 like myself, with every building available, iv purchased, I also know what you get at a TH10, inferno tower, extra cannon, AT, one mine and collector plus an xbow.
    To some players it will become obvious after a while, a bit like the tesla, 99% of the time I can tell where players place their teslas, and usually level (most leave these till last to upgrade due to upgrade time). If its an xbow, I know one will be fake, most likely the only maxed level one

    This building will become over expensive for the idea your putting foward, one gob could (if a resource building) destroy suck up the bomb and thats it, 50-60k down, my suggestion would be take out the explosive idea, make it 10k, have it on par with your current levels, so 4 level 11 storages, would make it level 11, 2 level 11 and two level 9 makes it level 10, ect.

    My only idea with this trap that would make it effective would be if it had area damage defences in radius.

    Maybe you unlock a fake building at the Th's you specified, but I'd have TH7, TH9 and TH10, why? Because These to me are the Th levels that unlock the greatest upgrades from the previous Th.

    You level up your traps if you don't like the idea of on par with each other, but you can switch between any other buildings, all of which start at level 1 and you uograde to their max level, I'd say with elixir, for example if it was 5mil to max level in gold, I'd make 2.5mil in elixir, helping to balance out those players who hate having max elixir and nothing to spend it on. But not making it over expensive.

    But fm my point of view, I would use this trap, and max out a DE storage, for two reasons, 50/50 chance of one being the real one when a th7 decides he will spell bomb you, and the other, making my base symmetrical!

    id also give it more health, as you upgrade, max level can with hold a spell bomb attack.
    Probably a higher level, a higher Townhall, better walls and better heros.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Grokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Does it matter?
    Posts
    320
    All the ideas are great, especially the giant spring trap. But, i have a question about fake buildings. Wouldn't it look weird if someone has 5 gold storages or 2 ths? If the fake building replaces a real one, you couldn't get all the resources or all the stars. Solutions?

  3. #23
    I really really like the fake buildings amazing idea!!

    We could also have say lvs for the traps too!

  4. #24
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,325
    The OP sounds very trappy.

    lol just kidding love all of them especially the fake buildings


  5. #25
    Why dont you make fake buildings more of a new building but it will attract soldiers in its radius while defenses can attack them while the soldiers destroy the fake building first

    It will become a defense building instead of a trap
    Last edited by Vex12; July 23rd, 2013 at 10:46 PM.

  6. #26
    Super Member bobbychan193's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Honoring some wizard face. WHF FTW
    Posts
    969
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulyas1 View Post
    So my question is, at a TH9 like myself, with every building available, iv purchased, I also know what you get at a TH10, inferno tower, extra cannon, AT, one mine and collector plus an xbow.
    To some players it will become obvious after a while, a bit like the tesla, 99% of the time I can tell where players place their teslas, and usually level (most leave these till last to upgrade due to upgrade time). If its an xbow, I know one will be fake, most likely the only maxed level one

    This building will become over expensive for the idea your putting foward, one gob could (if a resource building) destroy suck up the bomb and thats it, 50-60k down, my suggestion would be take out the explosive idea, make it 10k, have it on par with your current levels, so 4 level 11 storages, would make it level 11, 2 level 11 and two level 9 makes it level 10, ect.

    My only idea with this trap that would make it effective would be if it had area damage defences in radius.

    Maybe you unlock a fake building at the Th's you specified, but I'd have TH7, TH9 and TH10, why? Because These to me are the Th levels that unlock the greatest upgrades from the previous Th.

    You level up your traps if you don't like the idea of on par with each other, but you can switch between any other buildings, all of which start at level 1 and you uograde to their max level, I'd say with elixir, for example if it was 5mil to max level in gold, I'd make 2.5mil in elixir, helping to balance out those players who hate having max elixir and nothing to spend it on. But not making it over expensive.

    But fm my point of view, I would use this trap, and max out a DE storage, for two reasons, 50/50 chance of one being the real one when a th7 decides he will spell bomb you, and the other, making my base symmetrical!

    id also give it more health, as you upgrade, max level can with hold a spell bomb attack.
    As I said before, it can be used in a variety of tactics. If your opponent sees that you have level 12 cannons, they may be tricked for a few seconds, wasting their observation time. If your opponent sees 3 DE storages, then he will be discouraged from using lightning spells on them. Fake buildings can also be used to distract goblins, giants, and other troops and hinder them from targetting your more valuable buildings, like REAL storages / defenses, etc.

    As for the TH unlocked, SuperCell can decide.

    Leveling up your traps has already been suggested and is in the sticky.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grokey View Post
    All the ideas are great, especially the giant spring trap. But, i have a question about fake buildings. Wouldn't it look weird if someone has 5 gold storages or 2 ths? If the fake building replaces a real one, you couldn't get all the resources or all the stars. Solutions?
    It doesn't have any real functions; it doesn't count in the battle (you can get 3 stars without destroying it).

    Quote Originally Posted by Shieldport View Post
    I really really like the fake buildings amazing idea!!

    We could also have say lvs for the traps too!
    Thanks! And levels are in the sticky.

    Quote Originally Posted by dominic115 View Post
    The OP sounds very trappy.

    lol just kidding love all of them especially the fake buildings
    Thanks for your support!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vex12 View Post
    Why dont you make fake buildings more of a new building but it will attract soldiers in its radius while defenses can attack them while the soldiers destroy the fake building first

    It will become a defense building instead of a trap
    Maybe... It's currently very flexible.


    COC IGN: Jackson | Lvl109+ | Leader of lv7 clan Trollium
    Formerly of
    12 monkeys | TH9 | All walls lvl 8+ | War stars: 760+
    Trophy Record: 3206 |
    Random Idea Link: COC Massive trap update
    Hay Day IGN: Jackson Chen 123 | Lvl: 25+ | Captain III
    Boom Beach IGN: Jackson | Lv51+ | HQ18 | TF: BoomRedemption2

  7. #27
    Trainee TBear9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    11

    Nice ideas!

    I like all of them. But imo the fake building is very op, why is it so underrated in the votes
    I cant stop thinking about the possibilites of fooling so many players, and, to be honest some epic fail attacks thanks to the fake buildings would make some great laughs too Even better when you screw someone's plan by noticing the fake one. A trap with no limits great post btw, i'd love a fake building.
    Berti
    Bloodlust
    Clan Elder


  8. #28
    Trainee TBear9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    11

    Question Question

    How about the walls? Do they count as a fake-building too? Can they be chosen in the fake buildings list?

    If not how about a fake-walls? Lets say you can have 150 real walls then you can have 50 fakes. A 3rd of your real walls. Stat same, 1 hp. Only about distracting units or fooling opponents, no real resistance. Same level as your normal walls. If you only need that 1 second to not get 3-starred, buy fake-walls


    Not invisible walls, not wall paints, different from everything thanks to the 1 hp. What you think?
    Berti
    Bloodlust
    Clan Elder


  9. #29
    Giant bombs are far to expensive to be cost effective, spring traps are a hassle to keep replacing, and normal bombs are useless.

    I would say improve the normal bombs and make them viable, I personally do not use traps though (im a farmer though)
    From the clan Web Rage United,
    YouTuber
    covering video games with 108,000+ subscribers & 6.5+ million views

    http://www.youtube.com/stonemountain64

  10. #30
    Super Member SirAlex117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Raiding Your village
    Posts
    889
    Just to let you know i voted on every thing once

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •