View Poll Results: Which of the following should be added? (can choose more than one, BE HONEST)

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bomb changes

52 33.12%
  • Spring Trap changes

36 22.93%
  • Air bomb changes

38 24.20%
  • Seeking air mine changes

41 26.11%
  • Giant bomb changes

35 22.29%
  • Telsa changes

40 25.48%
  • New Giant Spring Trap

52 33.12%
  • New Fake Buildings

38 24.20%
  • All of the above

34 21.66%
  • None of the above

21 13.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Massive trap update:] New traps, changes to current traps, and more!

[Massive trap update:] New traps, changes to current traps, and more!

Traps are a small part of anyone's defense, but sometimes they can play a big role in the outcome of a battle. Currently, traps are sometimes underestimated and ignored. I am proposing a series of changes to current traps, in addition to new traps and systems.

Before posting, I thoroughly read and re-read the trap section on the sticky and I'm pretty sure none of the following has been mentioned before. However, if I have accidentally plagiarized someone else's ideas, please tell me and I will delete it ASAP.

So, without more pre-explaining on my part, let's launch right into it.

Current traps and their changes:

Note: "levels" refer to the level of the players

1. Bomb

• Useful for lower levels, almost useless for higher levels (troops have higher health)
    • Allow stacking for a cost (e.g. putting 2 or more bombs onto one spot to allow for more damage): will help to do more damage to troops of higher levels (damage = bomb base damage x number of bombs; trigger radius, area of affect, and explosion time are all the same as a normal, unstacked bomb)
    • Allow individual bombs / giant bombs to make a chain reaction (e.g. one bomb / giant bomb explodes / is triggered, other bombs / giant bombs in its range also explode / are triggered); toggleable on / off by the player, default is off

2. Spring Trap

• Useful for all levels (instant kill no matter how much health the troops have)
    • Annoying when triggered by a single troop (and sometimes not even affecting it)
    • Allow trigger adjustments for weight: manually set by the player after purchase (Example: Set to 5, spring trap will only be activated when 5 or more army camp spaces of troops step on it; 5 archers or 1 giant can both trigger it, but one goblin can't); default is 1, can be set from 1-15

3. Air Bomb

• Useful for most levels (against balloons / minions)
    • Sometimes troop targeted is killed before Air Bomb even reaches it; make it so that air bomb will target another troop (if available) if the first troop is killed (to balance, Air Bomb will explode after x seconds after it has been activated if it still didn't find an air troop to damage)

4. Seeking Air Mine

• Useful for higher levels (good against dragons especially)
    • Same as above: sometimes troop targeted is killed before Seeking Air Mine even reaches it; make it so that Seeking Air Mine will target another troop (if available) if the first troop is killed (to balance, Seeking Air Mine will explode after x seconds after it has been activated if it still didn't find an air troop to damage); this prevents a total waste of 600 dark elixir

5. Giant Bomb

• Useful for middle levels, sometimes good for high levels as well (good against mass tier one and two troops)
    • Same as above: Allow individual bombs / giant bombs to make a chain reaction (e.g. one bomb / giant bomb explodes / is triggered, other bombs / giant bombs in its range also explode / are triggered); toggleable on / off by the player, default is off

6. Hidden Teslas (yes I know it's not a legitimate trap)

• Useful for higher levels (good against all troops, especially PEKKAs)
    • Allow multi-telsa conduction (e.g. have you ever played a game in which a certain defensive tower can become stronger if more are built in close proxtimity, like Red Alert 2's Spectrum Tower? This is what I'm proposing: to have teslas in the range of each other be able to conduct electricity between them, which makes all towers slightly stronger; maybe +5% damage?)
    • Show trigger radius / put it in the info (I think this one's in the sticky, but I'll put I here anyway)

New traps:

1. Giant Spring Trap (complement to Giant Bomb)

• 2x2 space, launches up to 30 army camp spaces of troops
    • Can only be activated by 10 or more troops stepping on it at once (so single troops cannot activate it)
    • Same as above: Trigger adjustments for weight: manually set by the player after purchase (Example: Set to 15, spring trap will only be activated when 15 or more army camp spaces of troops step on it; 15 archers or 3 giants can both trigger it, but one goblin can't); default is 10, can be set from 10-30
    • Cost: somewhere between 30000 and 60000 gold
    • One available at TH 8 and another at TH 10

2. Fake buildings

• Can be disguised as any building at any level and looks like a normal building to attackers, but to you it is different from actual buildings (great for intimidation, distraction, etc.)
    • Only 1 health and doesn't have any real functions (e.g. if it's a defense, it can't attack enemies; if it's a storage, it can't store anything; if it's a hidden tesla, it's not hidden) other than luring troops with favorite targets, etc.
    • Can also be a fake TH, Hero Altar, etc.
    • Doesn't count towards the battle result (e.g. doesn't have to be destroyed to get 100%)
    • Can hide bombs and other traps inside (explode once the fake building is destroyed)
    • Cost: dependable on the building imitated (e.g. hero altar would cost DE, but a small amount; gold storage would cost a small amount of elixir, but it can be at any level in appearance)
    • One available at TH 5, another at TH 8, and the last at TH 10
    • Have to be rebought, like other traps

More to come!

Thanks for reading; please leave a comment and tell me what you think!

~bobbychan193

EDIT:

Here are some ideas from other forum members who posted in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by TBear9 View Post
    How about the walls? Do they count as a fake-building too? Can they be chosen in the fake buildings list?

If not how about a fake-walls? Lets say you can have 150 real walls then you can have 50 fakes. A 3rd of your real walls. Stat same, 1 hp. Only about distracting units or fooling opponents, no real resistance. Same level as your normal walls. If you only need that 1 second to not get 3-starred, buy fake-walls

Not invisible walls, not wall paints, different from everything thanks to the 1 hp. What you think?
    Fake walls (variation of fake buildings)

• 1 health, like fake buildings; one time use (have to be re-purchased)
    • Can be used as a good distraction for wall breakers
    • Cost: 1000-5000 gold each
    • First 5 unlocked at TH 3, then 5 more every TH after that, so 40 in total at TH 10

Quote Originally Posted by Dagunner View Post
    One idea is to make them a thing rechargeable with resources. For example: a seeking airmine costs 6000 de(10x the usual cost) and has 10 uses, then it is permanent but every time it blows up it costs a use (can still only happen once in a raid) then for 300 each you can refill them. So it's like a Xbow or inferno. this would work with all traps and cost by their respective costs and resource. That way you'd only have to refill occasionally and not have to replace every time which is just a bother.
    This is for people who think replacing traps are really inconvenient. ^ I do agree; it doesn't unbalance the current system while also allowing players to have an easier time replacing traps.

Quote Originally Posted by HRderbySean View Post
    I don't like the Giant Spring trap - but conversely, I would like a 2x2 pitfall. This could be used against the troops that are not effected by the spring trap because they are too heavy.

Pitfall the P.E.K.K.A., Golem, and hero's.

Hope this inspires you.
    Okay idea, I guess. Thanks.

Pros:

1. Easy solution to the spring trap not being able to launch larger troops
    2. Re-usable (most likely; doesn't make sense if it disappears after troops fall inside)
    3. Traps the troops (maybe use them in your own army?) or instantly kills them

Cons:

1. Logic: shouldn't traps be one-time use? If it's re-usable, then it should be upgrade-able, which makes it a normal building that will become too OP (if it's hidden)
    2.Will affect the leaderboards and high leveled players (golems and PEKKAs all fall inside? No, not good)
    3. Probably too OP

I just wanted to add to my original 'PITFALL' 2x2 trap idea.
    • The troop would loose half it's remaining hit points when it falls into the trap.
    • The pitfall would actually trap the P.E.K.K.A., Hero, or Golem. The troop would then be stuck there for 15?, 20?, 30 seconds? until it could climb out and continue on.
    • The troop could still be targeted by enemy defense while in the pit and receive damage.
    • The troop could not attack while in the pit, because it is trying to climb out.
    • The act of climbing out causes the pit to be used.
    • The death of a troop in the pit cause the pit to be used. (maybe a little animation of someone throwing dirt on the grave)
    • ** crazy thought ** The use of a jump spell would rescue the troop

Sean

Still needs refining, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by MrH View Post
    Add a bunker trap, you can fill it with a few troops from your camp (maybe 3), when triggered the troops come up from stairs leading underground and join the fray.

Full info here: http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...68-Bunker-Trap

Great idea, great work!
    Your idea is in the sticky, but it is interesting nonetheless. There will be more empty 2x2 spaces in bases, leaving people to guess whether its a telsa, a bunker, a giant bomb / other traps, or a simple decoy. This will add a whole new layer of stragetic planning to the game, and it won't unbalance it either (because it's only 5 troops; max should be 2 or 3 bunkers).

NEW TRAP:

3. Witch Tower (for anti-arcane purposes)

• Made out of skeletons that she summons, a 2x2 trap that has a trigger radius and range similar to that of a tesla
    • Only triggered by wizards or witches and does not attack (has an area of effect instead)
    • Weakens wizards: -25% movement speed and -25% damage per attack
    • Weakens witches: -25% movement speed, -25% summoning speed, -25% damage per attack and -1 skeleton summoned
    • Weakness for witches passes on to summoned skeletons that are summoned during the weakening of the witch
    • Lasts for 1 minute before the tower witch's powers fail (or when tower is destroyed by other troops)
    • VERY GOOD for higher leveled players complaining about the witch imbalance
    • 1 for TH9 and that's it (1500 DE)
    • 500 HP

I finally got a new idea!
    Tell me what you think!

EDIT:

New ideas:

Allow sideways placement for Spring Traps

• Has to be placed with the side that is opposite of the "launch pad" touching a wall, building, obstacle, or other solid object ("connected"); rotate-able
    • Activated when troops walk within one square of the direction the spring trap is facing (e.g. trap --> square)
    • Will launch troops backwards for 1-15 blocks, depending on how many army camp spaces of troops (e.g. 1 archer: 15 blocks; 3 giants: 1 block) and stuns the troop(s) for 5 seconds if they hit a barrier before reaching the end of the launch (e.g. walls or buildings, etc.)
    • Works in unison with bombs; if a bomb is placed before it and it is activated, it launches the bomb as well and the bomb explodes upon contact with any troop it touches, or until it has stopped moving (can't launch giant bombs because it's too big and heavy)

Allow sideways placement for Giant Spring Traps

• Same general concept as the sideways spring trap
    • Activated when troops walk within a 2x2 area of the direction the giant spring trap is facing
    • Will launch troops backwards for 1-30 blocks, depending on how many army camp spaces of troops (e.g. 1 archer: 30 blocks; 6 giants: 1 block) and stuns the troop(s) for 10 seconds if they hit a barrier before reaching the end of the launch (e.g. walls or buildings, etc.)
    • Works in unison with bombs and giant bombs; if a bomb(s) / giant bomb is placed before it and it is activated, it launches the bomb(s) / giant bomb as well and the bomb(s) / giant bomb explodes upon contact with any troop it touches, or until it has stopped moving (works with up to 4 bombs or 1 giant bomb; a giant bomb placed 2 spaces away won't be launched)

Allow "select row" and "rotate row" options for groups of bombs / spring traps / air bombs

• Useful for players with lots of traps but don't like moving them one by one
    • Many players have groups of these traps as well; allow "select group" option, which allows you to move a group of traps in close proxtimity to each other (e.g. all traps within one block of another trap)

Please tell me what you think! Thanks.

Last edited by bobbychan193; September 23rd, 2013 at 08:34 AM. Reason: new section

COC IGN: Jackson | Lvl109+ | Leader of lv7 clan Trollium
    Formerly of
    12 monkeys | TH9 | All walls lvl 8+ | War stars: 760+
    Trophy Record: 3206 |
    Random Idea Link: COC Massive trap update
    Hay Day IGN: Jackson Chen 123 | Lvl: 25+ | Captain III
    Boom Beach IGN: Jackson | Lv51+ | HQ18 | TF: BoomRedemption2

Trainee

Thumbs Up Ya good idea

Those traps would be a good addition into the game,

Just have a question about that last fake building trap though maybe when someone attacks it
    Most of the defenses that are close to that trap starts firing at that direction even if they were attacking someone else

All in all great idea

Quote Originally Posted by Bluexdemon View Post
    Those traps would be a good addition into the game,

Just have a question about that last fake building trap though maybe when someone attacks it
    Most of the defenses that are close to that trap starts firing at that direction even if they were attacking someone else

All in all great idea
    I'll consider your suggestion. Thanks for your support!

Formerly of

Quote Originally Posted by bobbychan193 View Post
    I'll consider your suggestion. Thanks for your support!
    I want the spring giant but the others are good

Power Corrupts Player Forgotten Friendship

Quote Originally Posted by Streamshot004 View Post
    I want the spring giant but the others are good
    I don't quite understand what you mean... You want the giant spring trap, and the others are also good but you don't want them; is this what you mean?

Either way, thanks for your support as well!

Formerly of

Bump, feedback please

Anyone else have anything to say? I really want to know what you guys think. Thank you.

PS This is my hundreth post!

Formerly of

Quote Originally Posted by bobbychan193 View Post
    Traps are a small part of anyone's defense, but sometimes they can play a big role in the outcome of a battle. Currently, traps are sometimes underestimated and ignored. I am proposing a series of changes to current traps, in addition to new traps and systems.

Before posting, I thoroughly read and re-read the trap section on the sticky and I'm pretty sure none of the following has been mentioned before. However, if I have accidentally plagiarized someone else's ideas, please tell me and I will delete it ASAP.

So, without more pre-explaining on my part, let's launch right into it.

Current traps and their changes:

Note: "levels" refer to the level of the players

1. Bomb

• Useful for lower levels, almost useless for higher levels (troops have higher health)
    • Allow stacking for a cost (e.g. putting 2 or more bombs onto one spot to allow for more damage): will help to do more damage to troops of higher levels (damage = bomb base damage x number of bombs; trigger radius, area of affect, and explosion time are all the same as a normal, unstacked bomb)
    • Allow individual bombs / giant bombs to make a chain reaction (e.g. one bomb / giant bomb explodes / is triggered, other bombs / giant bombs in its range also explode / are triggered); toggleable on / off by the player, default is off

2. Spring Trap

• Useful for all levels (instant kill no matter how much health the troops have)
    • Annoying when triggered by a single troop (and sometimes not even affecting it)
    • Allow trigger adjustments for weight: manually set by the player after purchass (Example: Set to 5, spring trap will only be activated when 5 or more army camp spaces of troops step on it; 5 archers or 1 giant can both trigger it, but one goblin can't); default is 1, can be set from 1-15

3. Air Bomb

• Useful for most levels (against balloons / minions)
    • Sometimes troop targeted is killed before Air Bomb even reaches it; make it so that air bomb will target another troop (if available) if the first troop is killed (to balance, Air Bomb will explode after x seconds after it has been activated if it still didn't find an air troop to damage)

4. Seeking Air Mine

• Useful for higher levels (good against dragons especially)
    • Same as above: sometimes troop targeted is killed before Seeking Air Mine even reaches it; make it so that air bomb will target another troop (if available) if the first troop is killed (to balance, Seeking Air Mine will explode after x seconds after it has been activated if it still didn't find an air troop to damage); this prevents a total waste of 600 dark elixir

5. Giant Bomb

• Useful for middle levels, sometimes good for high levels as well (good against mass tier one and two troops)
    • Same as above: Allow individual bombs / giant bombs to make a chain reaction (e.g. one bomb / giant bomb explodes / is triggered, other bombs / giant bombs in its range also explode / are triggered); toggleable on / off by the player, default is off

6. Hidden Teslas (yes I know it's not a legitimate trap)

• Useful for higher levels (good against all troops, especially PEKKAs)
    • Allow multi-telsa conduction (e.g. have you ever played a game in which a certain defensive tower can become stronger if more are built in close proxtimity, like Red Alert 2's Spectrum Tower? This is what I'm proposing: to have teslas in the range of each other be able to conduct electricity between them, which makes all towers slightly stronger; maybe +5% damage?)
    • Show trigger radius / put it in the info (I think this one's in the sticky, but I'll put I here anyway)

New traps:

1. Giant Spring Trap (complement to Giant Bomb)

• 2x2 space, launches up to 30 army camp spaces of troops
    • Can only be activated by 10 or more troops stepping on it at once (so single troops cannot activate it)
    • Cost: somewhere between 30000 and 60000 gold
    • One available at TH 8 and another at TH 10

2. Fake buildings

• Can be disguised as any building at any level and looks like a normal building to attackers, but to you it is different from actual buildings (great for intimidation, distraction, etc.)
    • Only 1 health and doesn't have any real functions (e.g. if it's a defense, it can't attack enemies; if it's a storage, it can't store anything; if it's a hidden tesla, it's not hidden) other than luring troops with favorite targets, etc.
    • Can also be a fake TH, Hero Altar, etc.
    • Doesn't count towards the battle result (e.g. doesn't have to be destroyed to get 100%)
    • Can hide bombs and other traps inside (explode once the fake building is destroyed)
    • Cost: somewhere between 10000 and 80000 gold, dependable on the building imitated
    • One available at TH 5, another at TH 8, and the last at TH 10

More to come!

Thanks for reading; please leave a comment and tell me what you think!

~bobbychan193
    Trap patch notes look great but fake buildings no. We have enough buildings as it is

Town Hall 9 level 112: Highest Trophies 2575
    Thread of Threads, for all your forum needs.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKronsell View Post
    Trap patch notes look great but fake buildings no. We have enough buildings as it is
    Why not? They're only 1 HP...

Formerly of

Would the fake buildings be a 1 time purchase or you would have to rebuy them? Also would they cost gold, elixir or dark elixir?
    IGN: hamasterdam

Quote Originally Posted by Hamius View Post
    Would the fake buildings be a 1 time purchase or you would have to rebuy them? Also would they cost gold, elixir or dark elixir?
    They would have to be rebought, like other traps. The cost is dependable on the type of the building (e.g. hero altar would cost DE, but a small amount; gold storage would cost a small amount of elixir, but it can be at any level in appearance).

Formerly of