Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clash of Clans developer website now live!

No email

Registered 12+ hours ago, still no confirmation email...

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #112
    Quote Originally Posted by goafreak View Post
    Anyone got it working? I always get the 'Invalid authorization' response, curl header is correct, token is correct, and IP is correct.
    Most of the 'Invalid authorization' responses seem to be caused by missing Bearer scheme from the authorization header. Correct format is "Authorization: Bearer AUTH_TOKEN".

Quote Originally Posted by Shargon View Post
    I still no create API token and i can make calls ...
    authorization: Bearer ....

This token is generated (and valid) for make calls without any filter
    In documentation you can make calls to the api, and never need put your api key. Documentation shoud require input your api key (dont generate a valid one)
    It is true that documentation allows making API requests with a generated API token. However, that token is bound to the IP address where your browser is running and as such is not usable for any serious development. Also, no one else can use that same token, unless they are making the API requests from your computer.

Generated temporary token also has lower throttling limits than the one you can create on the developer site, so even if it would work, it is still better to generate your key on the developer site.

Good start supercell. Though it is very limited right now, the possibilities of building stuff around this is endless. Looking forward to see more stuff here.
    Motorclan (#P220VL0J)

Accounts: King MandY, Lord Voldemort, Thanos and Agent Smith
    https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-T3Nh9E2G9...resdefault.jpg

Trainee
    I joined, but something is wrong. I verified my e-mail and then created a password. Can't login though. Says invalid. Then I do forget password and it says the e-mail is invalid. Don't get it.
    IGN: MexicanStallion (Lv 133)|TH10|Legos: 64/275|BK: Lv20|AQ: Lv24|GG: 230 Million|EE: 218 Million|HH 1.2 Million|WH: 555|SoW: 86 Million| Clan: Hugh G Rection #9P2LVG2L

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #115
    Quote Originally Posted by ehed View Post
    I see references to a rate limit that is being enforced but I don't see any specifics about what the rate limit is. Can this be shared so that developers can keep our requests spaced out to stay within the limits?
    At the moment, rate limits are set quite high and should be enough for most moderately busy websites. There is no harm in hitting the limits, your request will simply be rejected with an HTTP response code 429 which indicates that you can try again after a short while.

Currently, there are two levels of rate limits, one for requests per second and one for requests per minute. So, if you get response code 429, you should first wait one second and retry. But if you get that a few seconds in a row, it might be that you have hit the longer rate limit period and need to wait up to one minute to retry.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Malf View Post
    Nice!
    Can we do a request from Javascript?

But alas:
    No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin '<myUrl>' is therefore not allowed access. The response had HTTP status code 403.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkt View Post
    @SuperCell: can you support API for all clients instead of web server only? I'm a mobile developer, and I don't have any experience about web service. I have a plan to create mobile app for android & ios, but it's hard for me to start because I don't have any resources or server side's experience (currently, when I create new api key, it requires IP Address of server, which I don't have. So sad )
    Quote Originally Posted by ShAdY313 View Post
    Is this API only available via website?

I would like to create an Android App.. But what would be the IP parameter?

Thanks in advance.
    In the first phase API is geared towards server side clients and command line tools where Cross-Origin Resource Sharing support is not required. API itself does support CORS, but API tokens created on the developer site do not yet allow it.

We are looking into possibility of enabling CORS and/or wider range of allowed IP addresses for some API keys, but at the moment API is limited.
    Last edited by Jafu; February 4th, 2016 at 07:32 AM.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Jafu View Post
    In the first phase API is geared towards server side clients and command line tools where Cross-Origin Resource Sharing support is not required. API itself does support CORS, but API tokens created on the developer site do not yet allow it.

We are looking into possibility of enabling CORS and/or wider range of allowed IP addresses for some API keys, but at the moment API is limited.
    I get it, no problem.
    CORS would be fine.

By all means, take your time guys. We all have been waiting for this for so long that a few weeks or even 2-3 months doesn't really matter. Will just have to have a bit of patience for other stuff to be added.
    Last edited by cezarica; February 4th, 2016 at 08:56 AM.
    You may say anything about me, but don't misspell my name.

Just want to say, I am super excited by this. Definitely going to be updating my clan's website, at a minimum, to have a live view of who is in the clan, and other relevant info. Obviously this is a v1 API, and like others, I'd like to see--

• A way for clan (co-)leaders to pair their API developer account with their in-game account for purposes of authentication so they can get additional access to--
      • War log/details
      • Additional clan member details (clan war opt in/out, etc)
      • Read access to clan chat (preferably with a longer history than what is available in the game client, and including troop requests and their current state)
      • Write access to clan chat at some later point, probably with a rate limiter to prevent spamming if a bug is exploited or a key is compromised
      • Clan mail (as with clan chat, initially read-only, and later add write access)

• As well as a way to reject outstanding keys if they become compromised (the IP lock probably helps with this on its own, but may be needed later if the IP lock is relaxed).
    • Additional player details such as--
      • Unique ID for each player
      • Maybe a thumbnail of their current active layout
      • Additional stats on their base (structures and levels; teslas and traps would only be included if you were a clan (co-)leader and paired your account with your API developer account)
      • Some of their achievement levels (war stars won, gold grab, elixir escapade, etc)

• For leagues, some additional details--
      • # of players in each league
      • How much time is left in the league season and/or date/time the league season will end (UTC)

At any rate, again, thank you! This is really awesome! =)
    Leader: Sparrow's Order (#9VLVRCQG); Recruitment Thread; Facebook

Need help...

Hi, please help me.
    I'm trying to fetch my clan's members from localhost (using wampserver). Do I need an API key or token to fetch these information? For example when I create API key it says "Allowed IP address" thing, what should I do write to that textbox? it doesn't accept when I leave it blank or when I write localhost. Please help me.