Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clash of Clans developer website now live!

Cool Great Concept | Needs to be user friendly.

I really like the idea of this website as a whole. It is a good way to search for clans and getting data of the other clans rather than painfully clicking through the clan search menu in-game.

However, it should be more user friendly. Not that I don't understand the code, it doesn't take a nerd to read it, but it is definitely very mind-numbing to be reading strings and strings of text.

I would personally prefer if war clans were included. Given that Clash API does have player stats of clans, it isn't much to calculate all war stars of all the players in the clan. It isn't the perfected way of calculating how great a war clan is, but it is something to give war clans a comparison and ranking. Trophies aren't everything for many players in this game.

War isn't everything-trophy pushing isn't either.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion328 View Post
    Exciting!
    Can't wait to see where you take it!

In what way is the war community broken?
    Why should SC give help to a writhing, crying community that can't think of ideas and only ask for SC to do it for them?
    Also, trophy pushing takes just as much, if not more dedication than war. Trophy pushing DOES imply high skill, and that's why the war community can only handle war.
    There is the war community and the trophy pushing community. Both are very different in regard to attacking and defending. Trophy pushing will be a solo push on your own and you probably go for two stars every time.

War is a team effort where you work as a team to take down other clans. Because you are granted two attacks to best the other clan, an entirely different strategy has evolved, especially with pre-raid planning and defending.

You don't see Anti-3 star war bases pop up in trophy pushing because it isn't effective. You don't see trophy bases in war because that isn't effective. Both are entirely different communities and let it be that way.

War Clans do need a way to be compared. They do not function the same way as a trophy pushing clan in that respect. If they were compared by the war stars won from each member of the clan, that may be a viable idea for SuperCell to use to "help" the warring community.

I really don't find this helpful, and I don't know how other players find it helpful. Sure, it shows some stats, but nothing that you can't do in-game.
    Last edited by meonhoc; February 4th, 2016 at 06:15 PM. Reason: removed double dot

Quote Originally Posted by AirJordan2787 View Post
    I really like the idea of this website as a whole. It is a good way to search for clans and getting data of the other clans rather than painfully clicking through the clan search menu in-game.

However, it should be more user friendly. Not that I don't understand the code, it doesn't take a nerd to read it, but it is definitely very mind-numbing to be reading strings and strings of text.

I would personally prefer if war clans were included. Given that Clash API does have player stats of clans, it isn't much to calculate all war stars of all the players in the clan. It isn't the perfected way of calculating how great a war clan is, but it is something to give war clans a comparison and ranking. Trophies aren't everything for many players in this game.
    The example output you are looking at on that website is JSON code. Meant to be read by other programs/websites, which the community yet has to create. It's not meant to be read by humans.

API = Application Program Interface

Other statistics than the current one will come anyway, otherwise this whole API project would be pointless. A matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Popla55 View Post
    I really don't find this helpful, and I don't know how other players find it helpful. Sure, it shows some stats, but nothing that you can't do in-game.
    Once they extend the information with war stats, websites can be created to automaticly see who are the bad players in a clan. For example players who didn't attack for more than 50% of the time, over 5 wars. Or if someone wants to create a custom clan website with live information on it.

Please add Ties and Losses to the data given on clans.

Found a bug already

Worked with the API for 2 minutes, found a bug:

http://screencast.com/t/pXxoz23r

His rank is an admin? ♥♥♥?

Centennial Club RepeaterCreeper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BadIntentionsMog View Post
    Worked with the API for 2 minutes, found a bug:

http://screencast.com/t/pXxoz23r

His rank is an admin? ♥♥♥?
    I don't believe that's a bug. Elder is returned to admin for some odd reason. This is basically the same for the older endpoint.

EDIT: There is a post by a moderator about this.
    Last edited by RepeaterCreeper; February 4th, 2016 at 04:28 AM.

Centennial Club RepeaterCreeper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddy2015 View Post
    How do i use this?I registered an account but it says email not found or something like that
    http://imgur.com/4bskUXu
    Sadly I think there is a bug where you can't use any special characters or your password will be incorrect.

Anyone trying with Heroku?

I was able to get the API to work locally, after adding Bearer to the authorization token (thank you to mohoan). I'm trying to go live and use heroku for the requests. Using Proximo addon which gives me a static IP, but still getting {"reason"=>"accessDenied", "message"=>"Invalid authorization"} as a result.

Any ideas?