Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clash of Clans developer website now live!

Thanks for the work on this API. Looks great!!

Feature Request

I'd like a way to have a CoC player validate they are who they say they are. Maybe something like a 2-factor authentication that simply sends a code to their in-game inbox. The workflow would be pretty simple:

1. CoC Player Registers an account on on my website.
    - Details Required includes Player Tag from CoC.
    2. My website sends API request; example: https://api.clashofclans.com/v1/play...34567/validate
    3. Message in sent to in game inbox, from my website.
    - Message contains one time use code; such as: 7890
    4. CoC Player enters the code into my website to validate account ownership
    5. My website sends API request to validate code; example: https://api.clashofclans.com/v1/play.../validate/7890
    - API simply responds with True or False; such as: {"code_valid": true}

Feature Request

Access to current war details would be nice. Just the results of attacks and the Roster order. Additionally, war history.

Quote Originally Posted by CarstenHouw View Post
    I think you are forgetting the Clash of Clans API is in BETA stage. This means Supercell is testing it.

As a real mobile developer i have no issues at all using the API and made a nice mobile application for my clan.
    Issues come out when you need to release an app, or test it on one or more device. The api key is connected to ip address, it wont work if the ip address is not setted up properly during api key creation. You probably have setted up a web server which makes the request for you, or maybe you are just testing on your personal device, so it's quite simple manage the ip address.
    Anyway this is just a beta stage as you mentioned, but as supercell is testing, mobile devs would like to test too =)
    I think this is more a web oriented API at the moment

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #673
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoushka[Supercell] View Post
    Thank you to everyone who took the time to leave feedback and provide suggestions for upcoming API updates! We're collecting your ideas and we'll now start to think of what else we can add to make the API even more robust (no ETA yet).

For phase 2 I'll also create a Clash Developer subforum with some prefixes so we can better track your suggestions, questions and content you guys are developing!

A.
    Update on the API side:

Currently, the plan is to make War history available for the last 50 wars, so wins/defeats/ties. However, we want to respect Clans' privacy which means that this information will only be available if the Leader (co-leaders too possibly) make it public. If clans' War log is public, it can be queried with a new API call. This will be a new setting in-game, most likely set to "on" by default but Clans can choose to make the results private at any given time.

ETA (subject to change): next Clash update, before Summer.
    Official Clash FAQs & Support --> click here

Signature by theblackbeltpanda64

Excellent news!

Centennial Club
    Update on the API side:

Currently, the plan is to make War history available for the last 50 wars, so wins/defeats/ties. However, we want to respect Clans' privacy which means that this information will only be available if the Leader (co-leaders too possibly) make it public. If clans' War log is public, it can be queried with a new API call. This will be a new setting in-game, most likely set to "on" by default but Clans can choose to make the results private at any given time.

That's great news! Looking forward for this . Will it be possible to get the number of war loss directly in the Clan info that it's accessible from search (which is the only efficient way to browse a lot of clans right now)? This way we will be able to do daily rankings on Clash of Stats with this info.
    Last edited by AdrienBaron; May 4th, 2016 at 11:39 AM.
    Hey Chief!
    Checkout Clash of Stats! Free Live Clan Page, Historical Data, Clans Rankings and Players Rankings.
    Awesome feature you would like to see? Critics? Tell me here!

Update on the API side:

Fantastic!

Will it be possible to show it IG also (with due permission from the leader) in a W-D-L format?

OneHive Prime

Fresh Spawn
    Update on the API side:

Hi
    What a great new we like to fight to break records !
    However it's not a good thing for clans because our ware log and especially our last two wars was knowing pubicly.
    It's a weakness: the current opponent is able to spy our bases in the warelog of our last two opponents.

So it could be a better thing if the API send the war history of 48 wars BUT NOT the last two wars

Thanks
    Last edited by flowrock; May 7th, 2016 at 02:44 PM.

Update on the API side:

Great to hear this! What is really needed is live war data. This would need a code/tag for each war (each war already got a different ID) so if leader/coleader accept then app they are using can access that data & can see it through app. This would make app such as minr even more useful & easier for clashers! Thanks again Anoushka for getting us news

Thanks for ClashOfHolmes for his great work!

Fresh Spawn
    Really excited about the API, just started playing around with it to maybe grab info for our clan family website. Was curious though, is there any expectation to add additional info to the API data, particularly war information? Such as win/loss/streak, war enemy clan tag, participating members, bases & stars, etc.?

Feel like a powerful use case of the API would be to write a war companion utility, sort of like Clash Caller but with (near) real-time updates to stars, so players don't have to go back and forth, and to help leaders track war performance.

Would also be really cool to add a war weight metric to the response of the player data, so you could build a utility to facilitate arranged wars and scrimmages. Though I doubt SC would ever reveal this calculated amount directly, it would be pretty awesome.

Clash on!!

- Zom
    Swarm Synergy (#9V90JVV8)

Fresh Spawn
    The war log wouldn't show base (and especially not trap) information, just win / loss info, so how would this allow spying bases? Just curious