Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My new TH9 farming layout

My new TH9 farming layout: The Loaded Die

I decided to post my base layout because I've tested it over a few weeks and I can honestly say it's my favourite design so far. I call it the 'Loaded Die' because it can land on all sides and has some heavy defences each of them.

It has now recieved no.1 in the 2013 TH9 Base Competition: http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...-%28TH7-TH9%29

Here is the layout:

This is the CC radius:

This is my favourite part of the design, the CC is 100% unlurable. I lose little to no troops on simple defences e.g. enemy taking the townhall / raiding collectors. The CC is only activated in real attacks.

Splash coverage:
    Each wizard tower covers two funnels - 6 of which have spring traps, the others are DE mines. Troops are funnelled into mortar and wizard fire preventing mass infantry from overwhelming the base. Each gold storage is protected by one wizard tower and two mortars.

Point Defence:
    Attacks with heavier units are equally accounted for. With such a centralised CC, the archers/dragons will most likely hinder big units such as giants and golems, and the Xbows should be doing a decent amount of damage also. The cannons and archer towers are equally spread out and act as funnelling bate for giants.

The Gold:
    Each gold storage is segmented from one another and therefore the base is separated into four parts. The attacker will most likely have to attack from multiple sides and, so far, none have even touched a gold storage. They are also out of range of archers shooting over the walls.

The Elixir:
    This base is not for protecting elixir by any means, the storages are in the outer most layer of walls, even out of range of some splash defences. This is because I have excess elixir and I would much rather focus my defences on my gold.

The Dark Elixir:
    This is my most protected resource. Inside the inner most ring of walls and situated away from mortars in case an attacker tries to lightning both the DE and a mortar. The drills are semi-protected - inside the funnels and in range of one wizard tower and one mortar.

Air Defence:
    Air defence may be a concern for some, however, at farming trophy ranges mass dragons/balloons are rare. Even so, I have kept two air defences protected in the equivalent positions as the mortars.

Junctions:
    I am a huge proponent for staggering walls and junctions and I am happy to report that each junction is staggered by two. There are no four way junctions at all and no places for wallbreakers to open two compartments at once (at least in the outer layer).

Thanks Junliang for giving me some tips on wall efficiency and the rest of Exodias II for other advice. This base has gone through three minor changes. I am happy with the final outcome

Please feel free to test out the base, I would love to see how it performs. Post your findings below if you do.

Also made this transformer version:

This is it in Farming mode:

This is Farming mode with partially unprotected Elixir:

This is it in casual Trophy mode - i.e. wanting to gain cups overnight:

This is the Trophy Base I used to get to Masters League:

My trophy base is holding up pretty well in Crystal 1. Winning 70% of defences and winning a lot more trophies than losing. I will update with stats up at masters.

Update: Finally reached masters! Defences are very difficult to win up here, especially for a TH9, but my last defence gave me 24 trophies. I'm winning and losing in equal amounts but I'm gaining more trophies than I'm losing.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Last edited by maynards35; August 28th, 2013 at 07:44 PM.
    IGN: Richard | Level 111 |TH10 | Exodias II
    The Loaded Die TH9 |
    Teslas Triumphant TH9

Woah! What a cool looking base! Im usually not a fan of having the mortars not placed in a "triangular" shape but it seems like they cover your resources pretty good. However it seems like two of your mortars seem a bit vulnerable with just one layer protecting it
    IGN: guy
    Current Level: 84 Townhall 9
    Clan: Bonbee TankSR

Quote Originally Posted by GuyWhoKills View Post
    Woah! What a cool looking base! Im usually not a fan of having the mortars not placed in a "triangular" shape but it seems like they cover your resources pretty good. However it seems like two of your mortars seem a bit vulnerable with just one layer protecting it
    Thanks guy, I guess you could swap the wiz towers with the mortars/air defence if mortar coverage is your concern. I don't mind it that much because of the power of level 7 wiz towers, but sure, defences can easily be moved around.
    The Loaded Die TH9 |
    Teslas Triumphant TH9

Awesome base Richard
    Lovely core as well.
    But too bad its not "transformable"
    jk, its a true-farming base haha

Nice secondary core with the wiz/mtr/gold/tesla/AD as well, you certainly know the priorities in base defense

And nice touch on the funneling.
    But seems like you could use extra 2 more walls for the top left and bottom right funnel haha.
    Small issue though.

And good job on the near-maxed th9 defenses, now get those walls to max skull as well

You've done ExoII proud

-Jun

Nice looking base Richard! That CC radius is just perfect too. I'd be interested to see how it holds up against some real attacks. The tesla placement is on point too.

Quote Originally Posted by Junliang View Post
    Awesome base Richard
    Lovely core as well.
    But too bad its not "transformable"
    jk, its a true-farming base haha

Nice secondary core with the wiz/mtr/gold/tesla/AD as well, you certainly know the priorities in base defense

And nice touch on the funneling.
    But seems like you could use extra 2 more walls for the top left and bottom right funnel haha.
    Small issue though.

And good job on the near-maxed th9 defenses, now get those walls to max skull as well

You've done ExoII proud

-Jun
    Awww, thanks so much Jun! Yeah, those two walls are driving me nuts :P Working on air defence and walls, so lucky to have such a great clan to help
    The Loaded Die TH9 |
    Teslas Triumphant TH9

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
    Nice looking base Richard! That CC radius is just perfect too. I'd be interested to see how it holds up against some real attacks. The tesla placement is on point too.
    Thanks Thunderbolt, yeah, most people just come and peck at my townhall and elixir :P I did have an interesting attack with a standard lvl 6 farming army this morning and the funnels worked just to plan. The gobs were distracted by the elixir and they didn't touch the gold. I would be keen to see how it holds at higher trophy levels/lower defence levels.
    The Loaded Die TH9 |
    Teslas Triumphant TH9

Banned
    Looks like Pingfao and Jun made love and gave birth to that monstrosity. Very nice base.

COOOL DESIGN MAN. Good job! Nice job with those junctions. I like it *two thumbs up*

Now just come up with the name!
    InGameName: Niaq
    Clan: The Kites - We got troops waiting for you! | > Lvl 4 Archers, loyal, active, non premature - Join The Kites
    Add me on Game Center: niaq00@gmail.com

This is an awesome base man! Love the design. I'll try this design when I hit th9. Good job!

"Yesterday was history, Today is a gift, Tommorow is a mystery"